AT HOME GROUP (HOME) Stocks
ABOUT AT HOME GROUP
📊 At Home Group Inc.(referred to as At Home), a big-box retail chain, was founded in 1979 with one store in Schertz, Texas, in the United States. At the time, it was known as Garden Ridge Pottery, and was later renamed Garden Ridge. The company’s headquarters is situated in Plano, Texas.
📊 At Home specializes in home-decor products. Nowadays, the company boasts a portfolio of more than 50 000 unique products across categories such as furniture, garden, home textiles, houseware, rugs, patio, seasonal decor and wall decor. The company devotes the largest portion of its space to seasonal merchandise.
📊 Today, At Home operates 185 stores in 37 states, and is well on its way to reach its envisaged target of 600. Each store is approximately 120,000 square feet in size.
📊 The company went public in August 2016. Its comprehensive product offering and unique value position create a market-leading destination for home decor. This, in turn, enables At Home to take the biggest market share in the growing home-decor industry.
📊 At Home’s innovative home-decor concept, highly efficient operating strategy and flexible real-estate model, are the driving forces behind the company’s continued growth and financial success.
📊 Today, At Home employs approximately 5 300 people at its various stores across the States.
You might also like: ASTRAZENECA PLC STOCKS
OVERVIEW OF AT HOME GROUP
- At Home Group offers its customers the widest choice in home-decor products for every room in the house, and caters to all styles and budgets.
- Its wide product range enables customers to express their own unique style, and create a home to suit their personality. The company follows a differentiated merchandising strategy through which it identifies trends, and creates products with the aesthetics which its customers seek. Most of the company’s products are unbranded, private label or exclusively designed for the company.
- At Home’s business model stimulates growth and promotes profitability, minimizing operating risk at the same time. The company’s disciplined real-estate strategy enables it to start new stores in a wide range of formats, and in varied markets.
- The company understands the importance of staying fresh and relevant. Therefore it has recently rebranded itself. At Home changed its previous orange color for advertising to a soft grey and blue, and replaced the “o” in “home” with a house symbol that reflects its service offering.
VALUES OF AT HOME GROUP
- At Home Group is focused on providing its customers with the most diverse range of products to suit all styles and budgets.
- The company values its large base of enthusiastic and loyal customers who its passion for decorating and creating awesome living spaces. Decorating a home is an ever-evolving process that requires innovative thinking. At Home seeks to create an in-store experience that offers its customers the opportunity to express themselves and feel right “at home” while doing so.
- At Home values ethics such as integrity, drive, respect and customer care, and strives, through its friendly staff, to be the supplier of choice for those who appreciate refinement and excellent service.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF AT HOME GROUP
- At Home Group Inc. trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the ticker symbol “HOME”.
- The company has been performing well since its initial offering, and its continued growth and sound financial performance boost investor confidence. On January 31, 2019, it recorded net income of US$48.996 million, revenue of US$1.165.899 billion, and gross profit of US$385.851 million.
- Shareholders, who buy and sell At Home stock, can therefore expect lucrative dividends and returns on their investment.
You might also like: ARMSTRONG WORLD INDUSTRIES STOCKS
LATEST NEWS AT HOME GROUP
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy AT HOME GROUP Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN AT HOME GROUP STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE AT HOME GROUP STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of AT HOME GROUP stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy AT HOME GROUP stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : ARMSTRONG FLOORING STOCKS