AT & T (T) Stocks
ABOUT AT & T
📊 AT&T Inc., a global conglomerate holding company, was founded in 1983 and has its headquarters in Downtown Dallas, Texas, in the United States. It is the largest telecommunications company in the world, and the second largest mobile telephone services company. It is also the leading fixed-telephone services company in the U.S through AT&T Communications.
📊 The company’s Telecom Operations group, that serves residential and business clients in 22 U.S. states, is headquartered in San Antonio, while AT&T Mobility’s headquarters is situated in Atlanta, Georgia in the U.S.
📊 AT&T Inc.’s history can be traced back to the Southwestern Bell Telephone Company, which was founded by Alexander Graham Bell in 1880. This company evolved into the American Telephone and Telegraph Company in 1885, and was later rebranded as the AT&T Corporation. Today, AT&T reconstitutes much of the former Bell System, and includes 10 of the original Bell Operating Companies.
📊 The company strives to inspire human progress through the power of communication and entertainment. It combines cutting-edge video content, a large network of direct-to-consumer relationships, and high-speed networks optimized for video and advertising technology, in order to lead the next revolution in technology, media and telecommunications.
📊 Today, AT&T employs approximately 273 000 people across its various segments.
You might also like: ASPEN AEROGELS STOCKS
OVERVIEW OF AT & T
- AT&T Inc. operates through four segments, namely AT&T communication, WarnerMedia, AT&T Latin America and Xandr.
- Its communications segment offers wireless and wireline telecom, video and broadband services, while WarnerMedia develops, produces and distributes feature films, television, gaming and other content in physical and digital formats.
- Latin America offers entertainment services in Latin American and wireless services in Mexico. Xandr is responsible for advertising services.
AT&T Inc. created a network of subsidiaries in the U.S. and Canada that held a government-authorized phone service monopoly for the biggest part of the twentieth century, known as the Bell System – and nicknamed “Ma Bell”.
VALUES OF AT & T
- At the core of all AT&T’s operations is the commitment to do the right thing all the time, without compromise. How the company treats its workforce and its customers, determines its future successes and development.
- The company aims to set the pace for the future through innovation. It works tirelessly to deliver its very best at all times. It regards all experiences as a learning curve from which to improve.
- AT&T also believes in delivering the unexpected, as each day is an opportunity to create something that changes the way in which people perceive the world. It gives people what they don’t expect. The company always rises to the occasion, whether it is restoring service during a natural disaster or helping a community recover from hardship. It is present in moment and there for the long haul.
- AT&T embraces freedom of speech and beliefs, as it is vital to a healthy democracy. It therefore supports its reporters wherever they operate, and offer them all the resources they need.
- The company also believes that it has a significant impact on the world, and uses it resources daily to make a difference in its communities. It values and respects all people, regardless of race, gender, ethnicity and religion.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF AT & T
- AT&T is the world’s largest media and entertainment company in terms of revenue, and ranked #9 on the 2018 Fortune 500 list of the biggest U.S. corporations by total revenue. The company trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the ticker symbol “T”.
- In 2018, AT&T recorded revenue of US$170.756 billion and net income of US$19.953 billion, with total assets valued at US$531 billion.
- These solid financials afford shareholders the confidence to buy and sell company stock in the expectation of lucrative dividends and returns.
You might also like: ASHLAND GLOBAL HOLDINGS STOCKS
LATEST NEWS AT & T
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy AT & T Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN AT & T STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE AT & T STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of AT & T stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy AT & T stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : ASHFORD HOSPITALITY TRUST STOCKS