ATHENE HOLDING (ATH) Stocks
ABOUT ATHENE HOLDING
📊 Athene Holding Ltd., a life-insurance holding company that focuses mainly on the retirement market, was founded in 2009 when the U.S. financial crisis and resulting capital challenges forced many companies to exit the insurance industry. The company recognized the need for a well-capitalized company, with strong leadership, to fill the void.
📊 Athene Holding Ltd. is headquartered in West Des Moines, Iowa, in the United States. It was founded by James Belardi, former president of SunAmerica Life Insurance Company, and Chip Gillis, former head of Bear Stearns’ Insurance Solutions Group.
📊 The company’s primary objective is the issuing or reinsuring of fixed and equity-indexed annuities. Through its subsidiaries it issues, reinsures and acquires retirement saving products, including funding agreements and fixed annuities. Its products are designed for the growing number of individuals and institutions who want to fund retirement needs. The company conducts business worldwide.
📊 Athene Holding Ltd.’s experienced manage team guided the company on its path of steady growth since its inception. Its management implemented a unique business model that leverages cost savings and efficiencies by means of strategic acquisitions and strong partnerships. The Athene team’s disciplined execution of this model enables the company to deliver superior client and shareholder value.
📊 Today, the company employs more than 1 000 people worldwide.
You might also like: ATENTO S.A. STOCKS
OVERVIEW OF ATHENE HOLDING
- Athene Holding Ltd. distributes its wide range of insurance products through four dedicated distribution channels, namely retail, flow reinsurance, institutional products (pension risk transfer transactions and funding agreements), and acquisitions and block reinsurance, which support originations across varied market environments. The latter also enables the company to achieve stable asset growth with attractive returns.
- Athene USA is the U.S holding company that handles Athene’s annuity operations in the States. Other U.S subsidiaries include Athene Annuity and Life Company that issues annuities and Athene Annuity & Life Assurance Company of New York that also issues annuities. Athene Life Re Ltd. is the company’s subsidiary in Bermuda that issues annuity reinsurance.
- The company’s record of steadfast growth proves that it achieves what it sets out to do. It searches for solutions others aren’t willing to pursue, and finds opportunities where others don’t.
VALUES OF ATHENE HOLDING
- Athene Holding Ltd. follows a business model of “going beyond the expected”. The company is never satisfied with the status quo, and is driven to achieve more and succeed beyond the ordinary.
- The attributes that set Athene apart from its competitors and allow it to grow continuously, are discipline, confidence, focus and commitment. These qualities have cemented the company’s reputation as a global industry leader in its field.
- Its employees are also fully committed to the company’s development and growth, and implement these qualities in the daily execution of their duties.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF ATHENE HOLDING
- Athene Holding Ltd. trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the ticker symbol “ATH”.
- The company enjoys a steady performance in the market. Its net income for 2018 was US$1.05 billion, and adjusted operating income US$1.14 billion, an increase of US$85 million – or 8% over the previous year.
- These results boost investor confidence, and shareholders who buy and sell Athene stock can expect lucrative dividends and returns.
You might also like: AT HOME GROUP STOCKS
LATEST NEWS ATHENE HOLDING
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy ATHENE HOLDING Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN ATHENE HOLDING STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE ATHENE HOLDING STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of ATHENE HOLDING stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy ATHENE HOLDING stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : ASTRAZENECA PLC STOCKS