ATMOS ENERGY (ATO) Stocks
ABOUT ATMOS ENERGY
📊 Atmos Energy Corporation is one of the United States leading natural gas only suppliers. Its headquarters is situated in Dallas, Texas. The company was founded in 1906 and boasts a rich history and expert knowledge in the natural gas industry.
📊 Atmos Energy Corporation is a fully regulated, natural gas only distributor that supplies more than three million natural gas distribution customers in approximately 1 400 communities in nine states. It also owns and manages natural gas pipeline and storage assets, which include one of the biggest intrastate natural gas pipeline systems in Texas.
📊 The company also offers marketing and procurement services to industrial, commercial and municipal customers in the Midwest and South east of the United States.
📊 Atmos Energy Corporation is committed to having a workforce that is fully representative of each of the communities in which it operates and appreciates and recognizes the value of diversity in its leadership and workforce alike.Today, the company employs approximately 4 500 people.
OVERVIEW OF ATMOS ENERGY
- Together with its subsidiaries, Atmos Energy Corporation, plays a leading role in regulated natural gas distribution, and storage and pipeline businesses in the United States. It functions through three segments namely Distribution, Pipeline and Storage. Distribution h andles regulated natural gas distribution and sales in eight states. It serves about three million residential, commercial and industrial customers.
- The Pipeline and Storage segments are involved with all operations pertaining to pipelines and storage. It also manages five underground storage reservoirs in Texas, provides ancillary services to the pipeline industry, and transports natural gas for third parties.
- Atmos Energy is passionate about being the safest natural gas provider in the U.S. and therefore invests more than US 1 billion annually in system upgrades.
VALUES OF ATMOS ENERGY
- Atmos Energy strives to be safest provider of natural gas services, with a reputation for exceptional customer services, superior financial results and for being a great employer. Its vision is to foster a culture that respect and appreciate diversity. T
- he company values its people and their differences. The latter is what makes the Atmos team so efficient. Together with inclusion, diversity represents the company’s core values which form the basis of all its operations.
- Atmos also provides a working environment in which each individual is recognized and appreciated for his/her unique abilities and how the latter enhances the company’s culture and operations, giving the company that extra advantage and adding value to its shareholders.
- Its operation strategy is based on conducting its business exceptionally well, investing in its people and infrastructure, and enhancing the company culture.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF ATMOS ENERGY
- Atmos Energy trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the ticker symbol “ATO”. The company has a history of sound financial performance, as its earnings per diluted share have increased for the 16th consecutive year, and dividends have increased for the 34th consecutive year.
- The company was also recognized as the Most Trusted Utility Brand in the South by Market Strategies International in its annual Cogent Reports Utility Trusted Brand and Customer Engagement: Residential Study.
- These statistics afford shareholders the confidence to buy and sell Atmos Energy shares with a view of earning lucrative dividends on their investment.
LATEST NEWS ATMOS ENERGY
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy ATMOS ENERGY Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN ATMOS ENERGY STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE ATMOS ENERGY STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of ATMOS ENERGY stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy ATMOS ENERGY stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?