AU OPTRONICS (AUO) Stocks
ABOUT AU OPTRONICS
📊 AU Optronics Corp. (AUO; Chinese: 友達光電) is a Taiwanese electronics manufacturer that specializes in display-panel manufacturing.
📊 The company was founded in September 2001 through the merger of Unipac Optoelectronics Corporation and Acer Display Technology, Inc. (the predecessor of AUO, established in 1996). The company acquired Quanta Display Inc. in 2006. It was listed on the Taiwan Stock Exchange (TSE) in 2000 and the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) in 2002.
📊 AUO manufactures LCD panels from 1.4 to 85 inches in size for the global market, as well as high-efficiency solar module products.
📊 The company’s headquarters is based in Hsinchu, Taiwan, but it also has offices worldwide, including Mainland China, Japan, South Korea, Singapore, Europe and the United States.
📊 The company currently employs a staff of more than 45 000 worldwide.
You might also like: ATMOS ENERGY STOCKS
OVERVIEW OF AU OPTRONICS
- AU Optronics provides reliable and innovative solar solutions such as high-efficiency solar module, comprehensive solar power plant service, and highly integrated service platforms for energy management to its global customers.
- The company has also partnered with an eldercare centre to develop internet-of-things (IoT)-based smart healthcare solutions through comprehensive hard- and-software integrations. It also offers customers cutting-edge water treatment and intelligent control technologies coupled with senior plant-operation experience.
- The company’s focus is on being the leading provider of comprehensive solutions through its extensive portfolio of display technologies and diversified product combinations. Its clients have access to customized products with high diversity and small quantities, reliable quality, and smart services which offer even more value to the company’s products.
- AOU has filed more than 25,200 patent applications as of January 2019, and more than 18, 500 patents have been approved to date.
- The company’s subsidiaries include Lextar Electronics Corporation, Darwin Precision Corporation, Daxin Materials Corporation and Qisda Corporation, among others.
VALUES OF AU OPTRONICS
- The AU Optronics Corp.’s DNA comprises of integrity, innovation and accountability. Its uncompromising core values include passion and professionalism, execution and excellence and caring for society. The company’s mission is to be a global trend-setter in green solutions, and it strives to provide timely support to its global customers.
- AUO expects of its employees to execute their duties with integrity. This includes insisting on fairness towards suppliers by not accepting gifts or any form of personal benefit; refraining from criticizing competitors by displaying a neural and honest attitude; not committing fraud or participation in any illegal activities, procuring deals through offering superior product and services; execute duties from a perspective of the overall interests of the company; not disclosing any AUO trade secrets to third parties; and to complete duties in a cost-effective manner.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF AU OPTRONICS
- AU Optronics Corp. trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the ticker symbol “AUO”.
- The company recorded sales revenue of NT$307.63 billion in 2018, with total assets of TWD409,831,77 million. AUO’s sound financials afford shareholders the confidence to buy and sell its shares in the expectation of lucrative dividends on their investment.
You might also like: ATLANTIC POWER STOCKS
LATEST NEWS AU OPTRONICS
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy AU OPTRONICS Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN AU OPTRONICS STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE AU OPTRONICS STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of AU OPTRONICS stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy AU OPTRONICS stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : ATKORE INTERNATIONAL STOCKS