AURORA CANNABIS (ACB) Stocks
ABOUT AURORA CANNABIS
📊 Aurora Cannabis, Inc., a Canadian-licensed cannabis producer, was founded in 2006 and has its headquarters in Edmonton, Canada.
📊 The company was established by Steve Dobler, Terry Booth, Chris Mayerson and Dale Lesak. The group established Aurora’s first facility in Mountain View County, Alberta and received its licence to grow cannabis in 2014. It was the first cannabis producer in that province to receive a licence to do so. The decision to start the company in Alberta, was made because of the province’s low corporate tax rates and excellent farm-credit program.
📊 Aurora received its licence to sell medical cannabis in November 2014. The company’s licence to produce cannabis oils was granted in February 2016, and Health Canada issued its licence to sell the oils in January 2017. Aurora began selling four product lines of cannabis oils in April 2017. The company has since also opened a number of growing facilities across Canada, as well as in Europe.
📊 As of the latter part of 2018, Aurora Cannabis has eight licensed production facilities, five sales licences, and is operational in 18 countries across five continents. Its funded cannabis capacity per annum is more than 500 000 kilograms, which makes the company the second largest cannabis company in the world, after Canopy Growth Corporation.
📊 The company focuses on both medical and recreational cannabis production and sales, as well as patient education and counselling services, extraction technologies and delivery systems, home hydroponic cultivation, and hemp-based food health products. Today, the company employs a total of approximately 1 600 people at its various facilities.
You might also like: BALL STOCKS
OVERVIEW OF AURORA CANNABIS
- Aurora Cannabis Inc. specializes in the production and distribution of medical cannabis products. Its cannabis value chain is horizontally diversified and vertically integrated – from facility design to cannabis breeding, research, production, development and distribution.
- Products comprise dried cannabis and cannabis oil, CanniMed vegan capsules, hemp products, vaporizers and accessories, and herb mills for herbal cannabis products. The company also has a network of cannabis counselling and outreach centres, called Canvas RX.
- Aurora’s operational facilities in Canada are Aurora Sky, Aurora Vie and Aurora Mountain. The company also opened two new facilities at the end of 2018, with a 1,000,000 square foot facility under construction in Odense, Denmark.
- The company and its subsidiaries operate globally, and actively pursue new and emerging cannabis markets through a network of import, export and wholesale distributors, as well as mobile and e-commerce applications.
- Aurora Cannabis, Inc. follows a unique but efficient production strategy at all its facilities, based on cutting-edge technologies across all processes. Extensive automation enables the company to produce a high-quality product on a massive scale, and at extremely low costs.
- The company has also established strategic partnerships with leading innovators such as Radient Technologies, Inc., Hempco Food and Fiber Inc., Cann Group Ltd., Micron Waste Technologies Inc., and the Evio Beauty Group, to name but a few.
VALUES OF AURORA CANNABIS
- Aurora Cannabis, Inc. takes its environmental management responsibilities very seriously. It strives at all times to be a responsible and caring corporate citizen, especially in its relationships with the environment and the community at large.
- It minimizes adverse impacts on the environment through sound and responsible management practices in all of its operations.
- The company is also fully committed to maintaining a healthy work environment free of substance abuse. It expects professionalism form its employees at all times. It also puts strong emphasis on safety, and keeps its employees informed about safety issues and policies that affect their job.
- Aurora Cannabis, Inc. values ethics such as transparency, fairness and openness, and believes in taking responsibility and be accountable in all its operations.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF AURORA CANNABIS
- Aurora Cannabis, Inc. began trading on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) on October 23, 2018, under the ticker symbol “ACB”. The company has recorded astonishing growth and steady performance in the market.
- Its revenue for 2018 was US$0.043 billion, which equates to an increase of 219.25% from 2017. Its total assets – at the end of 2018 – were valued at US$1.505 billion, a 518.77% increase from 2017.
- This is great news for investors and shareholders, as they can buy and sell company stock in the expectation of great dividends and returns.
You might also like: BAKER HUGHES a GE company STOCKS
LATEST NEWS AURORA CANNABIS
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy AURORA CANNABIS Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN AURORA CANNABIS STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE AURORA CANNABIS STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of AURORA CANNABIS stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy AURORA CANNABIS stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : BAIN CAPITAL SPECIALITY FINANCE STOCKS