AUTOHOME (ATHM) Stocks
📊 Autohome Inc. provides online advertising and dealer subscription services to automobile consumers in China. The company was incorporated on June 23, 2008 and its headquarters is situated in Haidian District, Beijing, in China. It delivers automobile content to buyers and owners through its websites, these services are directed to automakers and dealers, as well as automaker- and dealer advertising agencies.
📊 The company offers professional user-generated content, a huge automobile library and comprehensive automobile listing information to consumers that cover the whole purchase and ownership cycle. This content include sales leads, data analysis and marketing services that enable vehicle producers and dealers to improve their efficiency and facilitate transactions in the most effective manner. Its automobile library comprises more than 22, 400 vehicle model configurations and about 3.2 million photos. Registered dealers can also create their own online showrooms with inventory and pricing information on Autohome’s websites.
📊 Autohome Inc. also operates an online transaction platform, Autohome Mall, where users can review vehicle-related information, buy coupons offered by vehicle manufacturers for discounts, and even make purchases. Its websites also allows used-vehicle dealers and individuals to market their vehicles. Other value-added services include auto insurance and –financing and aftermarket services.
📊 Today Autohome Inc. employs about 4 400 people.
OVERVIEW OF AUTOHOME
- Autohome Inc.’s ability to reach an extensive and engaged network of vehicle consumers, has made it the platform of choice for vehicle producers and dealers alike. Its clients typically utilize the company’s advertising services for brand promotion, new model releases and sales promotions. Autohome.com.cn ranks first among China’s automotive websites in terms of daily page views, as was proven by iResearch, a third-party research firm in 2013.
- Autohome Inc.’s technology platforms have been developed according to the consumer vehicle ownership life cycle and the vehicle maker and dealer customer’s sales cycle. The stages of the vehicle ownership life cycle include research, purchase, maintenance and replacement. The sales cycle comprises presales marketing and advertising, sales leads generation, and after-market and replacement sales.
- Autohome Inc. also develops other services platforms to unlock additional revenue opportunities in the vehicle maintenance and replacement stages of both the ownership and customers’ sales cycles. The company enjoys a high penetration rate in the vehicle market, with about 80% of Chinese vehicle makers having advertised on its websites.
VALUES OF AUTOHOME
- The company’s mission is to engage educate and inform Chinese vehicle consumers about everything they need to know about buying and selling cars. Autohome Inc. strives to become the leading player in China’s automotive advertising market.
- The company aims to further monetize it dealer network and to continue to attract and retain vehicle consumers by enhancing its user engagement. It also wants to broaden its business scope to cover the whole automobile ownership lifecycle.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF AUTOHOME
- Autohome Inc. trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the ticker symbol “ATHM”.
- The company has been performing well on the market. For example, its net revenue for 2018 increased by 35.4 % to RMB7.233.2 million (US$1.052.0 million).
- Shareholders can buy and sell Autohome shares in the knowledge that they can expect great dividends on their investment.
LATEST NEWS AUTOHOME
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy AUTOHOME Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN AUTOHOME STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE AUTOHOME STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of AUTOHOME stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy AUTOHOME stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?