AUTOLIV (ALV) Stocks
📊 Autoliv Inc., the world’s largest automotive safety supplier, was founded in 1997 and has its headquarters in Stockholm, Sweden.
The company was previously known as Auto Service AB, which was founded by Lennart Lindblad in 1953 in Vårgårda, Sweden. Auto Service AB quickly became a pioneer in seat-belt technology and changed its name to Autoliv AB in 1968. Granges Weda AB bought the company in 1974.
📊 The latter, in turn, was then acquired by Electrolux in 1989, and changed its name to Electrolux Autoliv AB. The company then grew via acquisitions and merged with Morton ASP, an American firm, in 1997 to form Autolive Inc. The latter spun off its electronics business into a separate company, Veoneer Inc., in 2018.
📊 Autoliv Inc. is the world’s leading supplier of automotive safety products. Through its joint ventures, the company is active in 27 countries. It has 14 technical centres, spread over the globe, as well as 19 test tracks. It is one of the world’s largest Tier 1 automotive suppliers. The company is incorporated in Delaware, USA.
📊 Autolive Inc. develops, produces and markets safety systems, such as airbags and seatbelts, as well as passive safety electronics, including pedestrian protection systems. Today, the company employs approximately 66 000 people at its facilities worldwide.
You might also like: AURORA CANNABIS STOCKS
OVERVIEW OF AUTOLIV
- Autoliv Inc. is the undisputed global leader in automotive safety systems. Through its subsidiaries, the company develops and markets protective systems such as airbags, seatbelts, steering wheels and pedestrian protections systems. It supplies its products to all the world’s major automotive manufacturers.
- In the event of an accident, Autoliv products have only a few milliseconds to prove themselves, saving the lives of drivers, passengers and pedestrians in the process.
- Autoliv Inc. was the first company to introduce the two- and three-point seatbelt system and airbags for front- and side impacts. The company’s products save an estimated 30,000 lives annually and prevent thousands more injuries.
- Autolive was also the first company in its field to launch pyrotechnic belt pretensioners.
VALUES OF AUTOLIV
- Autoliv Inc.’s mission is to set the benchmark – and be the undisputed leader – in safety systems for vehicles of the future.
- It lives its vision in its Saving More Lives campaign, which inspires more than 67 000 associates in 27 countries. The company is passionate about mobile safety and continuous to pursue excellence in everything it designs and manufactures.
- Autoliv’s values are deeply embedded in the company’s DNA. It believes in the power of unity, the pursuit of an innovative spirit, and being agile, transparent and accountable in all of its operations.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF AUTOLIV
- Autoliv Inc. ranked #289 in the Fortune 500 in 2018. The company trades its shares on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the ticker symbol “ALV”. Its Swedish Depository Receipts are on the Nasdaq Stockholm.
- The company displays sound financials. In 2018 it recorded revenue of US$8.68 billion with net income of US$190.4 million and assets valued at US$6.722 billion.
- Shareholders and investors can confidently buy and sell company shares in the expectation of lucrative dividends on their investment.
You might also like: BALL STOCKS
LATEST NEWS AUTOLIV
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy AUTOLIV Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN AUTOLIV STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE AUTOLIV STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of AUTOLIV stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy AUTOLIV stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : BAKER HUGHES a GE company STOCKS