AUTONATION (AN) Stocks
📊 AutoNation, Inc., an automotive retailer, was founded by Wayne Huizenga in 1996, and has its headquarters in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, in the United States. The company specializes in the sales of new- and preowned vehicles in the United States.
📊 AutoNation, Inc. operates through three divisions, Domestic, Import and Premium Luxury. The company provides a wide range of automotive products and services, such as new and used vehicles; parts and services such as maintenance and automotive repair; and wholesale parts and accident services.
📊 It also offers finance and insurance products, and arranges vehicle-purchase finance through third-party sources. The company also operates through its AutoNation.com portal, the largest of its kind on the Internet. The AutoNation Retail Group operates about 270 websites for the company’s automotive franchises.
📊 The company owns and operates 326 new-vehicle franchises from 239 stores across the U.S. Its principal subsidiaries are AutoNation Financial Services and House of Imports, Inc. Today, AutoNation, Inc. employs approximately 26 000 people at its franchises across the U.S.
You might also like: AUTOLIV STOCKS
OVERVIEW OF AUTONATION
- AutoNation, Inc. specializes in new- and used -vehicle sales, automotive parts and service, finance and insurance product, collision and auto-body repairs, as well as truck sales. It is by far the largest automotive retailer in the United States. The company sells vehicles through more than 371 franchises in 17 states, and through AutoNation.com.
- Its dealerships also offer vehicle maintenance and repair services, parts, extended service contracts, and insurance products. Dealerships also arrange for the financing of vehicles purchases through third-party sources.
- The company’s finance arm, AutoNation Financial Services, recorded securities assets of more than US$ billion in 2000. Deals with AOL and Microsoft have also strengthened AutoNation.com’s referral abilities.
VALUES OF AUTONATION
- AutoNation, Inc.’s mission is to deliver and unsurpassed customer experience to its clients. It strives to be the supplier and service provider of choice, for those who want to buy cars and trucks.
- Its vision is to be the best place in the whole of the United States’ to buy and service vehicles and trucks. The company continuously pushes the boundaries in excellence. Its vision is based on a foundation of operational excellence with focus on each customer, creating value and lasting relationships.
- AutoNation, Inc. endorses values such as honesty and integrity and always remains loyal to its founding principles. It also believes in the integrity of its employees and creates working environments in which they can excel and hone their skills.
- This vision shapes the company and enables it to set superior industry standards.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF AUTONATION
- AutoNation, Inc. trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the ticker symbol “AN”.
- The company’s steady performance on the market stimulates investor and shareholder confidence, and they can buy and sell company shares in the expectation of lucrative dividends and returns.
- In 2018 the company recorded net income of US$335.9 million with total assets valued at US$10.665.1 million.
You might also like: AURORA CANNABIS STOCKS
LATEST NEWS AUTONATION
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy AUTONATION Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN AUTONATION STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE AUTONATION STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of AUTONATION stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy AUTONATION stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : BALL STOCKS