AVALONBAY COMMUNITIES (AVB) Stocks
ABOUT AVALONBAY COMMUNITIES
📊 AvalonBay Communities, Inc., a publicly traded real-estate investment trust (REIT), was incorporated on March 13, 1995, and has its headquarters in Arlington County, Virginia, in the United States.
📊 The company invests in apartment, and its focus areas are the development, redevelopment, acquisition, ownership and management of multifamily communities in the New England, New York/New Jersey area, Mid-Atlantic, Pacific Northwest, and Northern- and Southern California. It is the fourth largest apartment owner in the U.S.
📊 AvalonBay Communities, Inc. is an evergreen company that sets the benchmark in the modern REIT era. Though the company has transitioned from one generation of leaders to another, it has retained its position as a leader in the U.S. REIT market.
📊 The company’s segments comprise Established Communities, Other Stabilized Communities and Development/Redevelopment Communities. Established communities are operating communities that are owned and have stabilized occupancy and operating expenses.
📊 Other Stabilized Communities are not owned, or have not achieved stabilization, or are planned for disposition. Development/Redevelopment Communities are communities under construction in which redevelopment is in progress, and communities under lease-up.
📊 The company owns – or have ownership interest in – approximately 287 apartment communities comprising 83, 123 apartment homes in 10 states, and the District of Columbia. Today, the company employs about 3 000 people.
You might also like: AUTOZONE STOCKS
OVERVIEW OF AVALONBAY COMMUNITIES
- AvalonBay Communities, Inc. manages its apartment communities under three primary brands, namely Avalon, AVA, and Eaves by Avalon.
- The company focuses on upscale apartment living, and services and amenities in urban and suburban markets. AvalonBay’s core market is people living in, or near, urban neighborhoods close to public transportation, shopping malls and nightlife.
- AVA apartments are engineered for roommate living, whilst the Eaves by Avalon is designed for renters in search of apartment living in a suburban setting.
- AvolonBay Communities, Inc. offers amenities and features such as equipped kitchens, lofts and vaulted ceilings, walk-in closets, patios, appliances, pools, fitness centres, tennis courts and Wi-Fi lounges.
- Its community portfolio includes Avalon at Lexington, Avalon at Newton Highlands, Avalon Huntington, Avalon New Canaan, AVA Stamford and Avalon Norwalk, to name but a few.
VALUES OF AVALONBAY COMMUNITIES
- The company has established a leadership position based on building value for the long term.
- AvalonBay Communities is driven by a deep desire to create a better way to live, by providing unique apartment-living experiences that contribute to the general well-being of local communities.
- The company is defined by its core values that govern all its decisions. These values include a commitment to integrity, a spirit of caring and focus on continuous improvement.
- It underwrites culture norms such as collaboration, excellence, innovation, thoughtfulness and appreciation. The company recognizes successes and rewards excellence in all areas.
- AvalonBay always keeps the bigger picture in mind, and evaluates the consequences of decisions in order to optimally manage risks.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF AVALONBAY COMMUNITIES
- AvalonBay Communities, Inc. trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the ticker symbol “AVB”.
- The company registered revenue of US$2.285 billion in 2018, which represents a 5.83% increase from 2017.
- Its steady market performance boosts investor confidence. Shareholders, who buy and sell AvalonBay stock, can therefore expect solid dividends and returns.
You might also like: AUTONATION STOCKS
LATEST NEWS AVALONBAY COMMUNITIES
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy AVALONBAY COMMUNITIES Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN AVALONBAY COMMUNITIES STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE AVALONBAY COMMUNITIES STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of AVALONBAY COMMUNITIES stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy AVALONBAY COMMUNITIES stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : AUTOLIV STOCKS