AXIS CAPITAL (AXS) Stocks
ABOUT AXIS CAPITAL
📊 AXIS Capital Holdings Limited, the holding company for the AXIS group of companies, was founded in 2001 and is headquartered in Pembroke, Bermuda. The company specializes in risk-transfer products and services through its subsidiaries and branches in Bermuda, the United States, Canada, Singapore, Europe and Australia.
📊 AXIS offers global insurance services in fields such as property, professional lines, marine, energy environmental, as well as insurance against terrorism and other types of insurance. Its reinsurance services include property, credit and bond, professional lines and others.
📊 The company is a global leader in its field, and provides its clients and distribution partners with a comprehensive range of risk transfer products and services. Its product offering is endorsed by the exceptional financial strength and solid claims-paying ability of all the AXIZ group of companies.
📊 AXIS has a presence in key international markets, and is underwritten through a Lloyd’s Syndicate. The company is an insurance provider of choice due to its experienced underwriting, claims, modelling and actuarial teams’ exceptional knowledge and service in the field. Today, AXIS Capital Holdings Limited employs approximately 1 600 people at its offices worldwide.
You might also like: AXALTA COATING SYSTEMS STOCKS
OVERVIEW OF AXIS CAPITAL
- AXIS Capital embraces the ever-evolving financial challenges of a constantly changing world through its comprehensive experience combined with modern analytics, sound financials and client-centric focus.
- Axis Re (subsidiary) is a global reinsurer providing risk-transfer products such as treaty and facultative property and casualty reinsurance to insurance companies comprising catastrophe, motor, general liability, workers compensation and agriculture, among others.
- The company’s diverse product portfolio and geographic reach enable it to adapt to all market conditions throughout the insurance cycle. It services complex and volatile lines and mitigate the associated risks through advanced optimization modelling. It also has a comprehensive balance sheet which counts among the best in the industry.
- AXIS Capital Holdings Limited is multifaceted by design and energized by its solid foundation comprising of stability and vitality.
VALUES OF AXIS CAPITAL
- AXIS Capital operates on a solid foundation of strong business ethics, which enables the company to be multifaceted by design. It strongly believes in interaction and open communication with all its clients at all times, and refrains from giving its customers off-the-shelves solutions. Instead, customers can expect tailor-made financial solutions that address each specific need.
- The company is also passionate about fostering life-long connections with its clients. Ethics such as transparency, integrity, drive and focus, form the foundation of all the company’s operations. AXIS strives to be the trusted financial partner that helps it customers to navigate life’s challenges and prepare for the future.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF AXIS CAPITAL
- AXIS Capital Holdings Limited trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the ticker symbol “AXS”.
- The AXIS insurance and reinsurance companies are rated “A+” (Strong) by Standard & Poors, and “A+” (Superior) XV by A.M Best for claims- paying ability.
The company’s solid market performance boosts investor confidence.
- In 2017, AXIS reported total capital of US$6.7 billion and assets valued at US$24.8 billion. Shareholders, who buy and sell company shares, can therefore expect sound dividends and returns on their investment.
You might also like: AVON PRODUCTS STOCKS
LATEST NEWS AXIS CAPITAL
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy AXIS CAPITAL Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN AXIS CAPITAL STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE AXIS CAPITAL STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of AXIS CAPITAL stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy AXIS CAPITAL stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : AXA EQUITABLE HOLDINGS STOCKS