ABOUT BAE SYSTEMS PLC
📊 BAE Systems plc, a multinational defence, security and aerospace company, was founded in 1999 and has its headquarters in London in the United Kingdom.
📊 The company is Europe’s largest defence contractor and one of the world’s largest defence companies. Its major operations are based in the UK and the United States where its subsidiary, BAE Systems Inc. is one of the six largest supplies to the US Department of Defense.
📊 The company’s predecessor company was Supermarine, the manufacturer of Spitfire. BAE Systems plc was established through the merger of British Aerospace (Bae) and Marconi Electronic Systems (MES).
📊 The company is therefore a successor to many of the most famous British aircraft-, defence electronics- and warship manufacturers.
📊 Since its founding, the company has made several acquisitions, such as the United Defense and Armor Holdings of the United States, amongst others.
📊 The company is involved in a number of major defence projects such as the Lockheed Martin F-35 Lightning II, the Eurofighter Typhoon, the Queen Elizabeth-class aircraft carriers and the Astute-class submarine.
📊 Today, the company employs about 83 000 people across its global operations.
OVERVIEW OF BAE SYSTEMS PLC
- BAE Systems plc conducts its operations through five segments: Electronic Systems, Cyber & Intelligence, Platforms & Services, Maritime, and Air.
- Electronic Systems comprises the company’s UK and US electronics activities, while Cyber & Intelligence includes the company’s US-based Intelligence & Security business and UK-based Applied Intelligence business.
- It also includes its cyber, secure government and commercial- and financial security activities.
- The Platforms & Services division manufactures combat vehicles, weapons and ammunition in the UK, US and Sweden.
- The Air segment is based in the UK and serves European and international markets, as well as its businesses in Saudi Arabia and Australia.
- It also includes the company’s interest in the MBDA Holdings SAS (MBDA) joint venture.
- The Maritime segment focuses on its UK-based maritime and land activities.
VISION & VALUES OF BAE SYSTEMS PLC
- BAE Systems plc operates according to a consistent strategy rooted in values such as growth, sustainability, diversification, performance, operational excellence, innovation and creativity.
- The company finds its strength in its diverse and talented workforce.
- The latter enables the company to pursue optimum growth that adds value for shareholders who purchase company stock.
- The company continuously improves its competitiveness by advancing and leveraging its technology.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF BAE SYSTEMS PLC
- BAE Systems plc trades on the London Stock Exchange (LSE) under the stock symbol BA. The company is a constituent of the FTSE 100 Index.
- For fiscal 2018, the company recorded total revenue of £ 16.82 billion, operating income of £ 1.61 billion and net income of £ 1.03 billion.
- Total assets were valued at £ 24.75 billion.
- This strong market performance affords shareholders who buy or sell company shares the confidence to do so in the expectation of solid dividends and returns.