BALL (BLL) Stocks
📊 Ball Corporation was founded in 1880 in Buffalo, New York, as the Wooden Jacket Can Company. Over time, the company expanded and diversified into fields such as aerospace technology, and also became the world’s leading manufacturer of recyclable metal beverage and food containers.
📊 Nowadays, Ball Corporation is headquartered in Broomfield, Colorado, in the United States. The company is best known for its production of glass jars, lids and related products for home canning. Ball Corporation provides innovative packaging solutions for beverages, foods and household products, as well as aerospace and other technologies and services to a wide clientele of commercial and governmental customers. Its prime customer is the U.S. government.
📊 The Ball brothers incorporated the business in 1886 and renamed it the Ball Brothers Glass Manufacturing Company, and later the Ball Brothers Company.
📊 It was named the Ball Corporation in 1969 and began trading on the New York Stock Exchange in 1973.
📊 Ball exited the home canning business in 1993 by spinning of Alltrista (a subsidiary) into the Jarden Corporation. The latter is licensed to use the Ball trademark on its products. Newell Brands owns the Ball brand home canning supplies and mason jars.
📊 Today, Ball Corporation employs approximately 18 000 people at more than 100 locations worldwide.
You might also like: BAKER HUGHES a GE company STOCKS
OVERVIEW OF BALL
- Although the Ball Corporation is famous for its fruit jars, lids and other home-canning products, the company also began pursuing other business ventures.
The company entered the aerospace industry in the 1950s.
- It opened laboratories for the Ball Brothers Research Corporation at Muncie and Boulder, Colorado. It manufactured its first aerospace equipment in 1959. It has also built a total of seven satellites for NASA.
- Ball Corporation’s subsidiaries include Ball Aerospace & Technologies Corp. and Ball Packaging Europe GmbH.
VISION OF BALL
- Ball Corporation began in 1880 with five brothers, US$200 and a vision. The same vision still drives the company today. The company’s primary objective is to assist its customers to accomplish their missions through technical expertise, passion and innovation.
- Ball Corporation recognizes that the whole of its community is greater than the sum of its parts. It therefore believes in its people and culture, and its ability to give value to its stakeholders. Through diversity of thought, business and location, the company puts great emphasis on integrity, attention to detail, innovation and open communication with its customers.
- Ball Corporation is the entrepreneur’s “can do”, “let’s do” and “will do” business partner.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF BALL
- Ball Corporation trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the ticker symbol “BLL”.
- In 2018, the company delivered strong free cash flow of US$750 million, after capital expenditure in excess of US$800 million. It also returned approximately US$850 million to shareholders. Net earnings for this period were US$454 million.
- The company’s sound financial performance affords its shareholders the confidence to buy and sell company shares in the expectation of lucrative dividends and returns.
You might also like: BAIN CAPITAL SPECIALITY FINANCE STOCKS
LATEST NEWS BALL
Buy BALL stocks / shares – 📈 A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase BALL Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy BALL Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN BALL STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE BALL STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of BALL stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy BALL stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : BABCOCK STOCKS