BANCO DE CHILE (BCH) Stocks
ABOUT BANCO DE CHILE
📊 Banco de Chile (Bank of Chile), a Chilean bank and financial services company, was founded in 1893, and has its headquarters in Santiago. The bank offers a complete range of financial services to its broad clientele. The latter comprises large corporations, small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs), and private clients. The bank
📊 Banco de Chile is the second largest banking group in Chile by total assets and enjoys a 19% market share in terms of loans. It is the biggest bank in the country by total earnings (US$978 million). It is jointly controlled by the Chilean conglomerate Quiñenco group and US bank Citigroup.
📊 The bank operates through six primary commercial divisions: large corporations, SMEs, private clients, consumer finance, international banking and capital markets. It subsidiaries provides additional services such as securitization, securities brokerage, mutual investment and bottomry, and insurance and factoring.
📊 Banco de Chile also has branches in New York, Miami, São Paulo, Buenos Aires, Hong Kong and Mexico City. Today, Banco de Chile employs more than 14 000 people at its various locations.
You might also like: BERKSHIRE HATHAWAY STOCKS
OVERVIEW OF BANCO DE CHILE
- Banco de Chile was founded in 1893 through the merger of the Valparaiso Bank (1855), National Bank of Chile (1865), and Agriculturist Bank (1969). In 2004 Banco de Chile became the first Chilean financial institution to enter Asian markets through a co-operation agreement with Standard Chartered Bank.
- The bank has a network of nearly 400 offices with more than 2000 ATMs and other electronic distribution channels. It offers wide coverage to its customers in foreign countries through its partnership with Citi.
- The Bank of Chile group comprises of three divisions namely BanChile Corredores de Bolsa, Banco CrediChile and Banco Edwards.
- Banco de Chile is listed on the local stock exchange, as well as on primary world stock markets such as the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE), the Madrid Stock Exchange and the London Stock Exchange.
VALUES OF BANCO DE CHILE
- Banco De Chile is proud of its heritage and reputed business tradition. It strives for excellence in all of its operation, and continuously seeks effective solutions for its clients in all the bank’s segments. It also drives growth and value for its shareholders.
- The bank incorporates best practices and adheres at all times to the highest industry standards. It recognizes the value of its employees and promotes high performance and teamwork.
- Banco De Chile is at the forefront of innovation in the financial industry and believes its service attitude of excellence and attention to detail is the basis of its success and sustainable growth. It operations are deeply rooted in ethics such as honesty, integrity and accountability.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF BANCO DE CHILE
- Banco De Chile trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the ticker symbol “BCH”.
- The bank is also listed on the Bolsa de Madrid and the Santiago Stock Exchange.
- In 2018, Banco De Chile’s total assets were valued at US$55.0 billion and the bank recorded revenue of US$1,591.871 billion. Shareholders can therefore buy and sell BCH stock in the expectation of sound dividends and returns on their investment.
You might also like: BANK OF MONTREAL STOCKS
LATEST NEWS BANCO DE CHILE
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy BANCO DE CHILE Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN BANCO DE CHILE STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE BANCO DE CHILE STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of BANCO DE CHILE stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy BANCO DE CHILE stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : BANK OF AMERICA STOCKS