BANCOLUMBIA S.A. (CIB) Stocks
ABOUT BANCOLUMBIA S.A.
📊 Bancolumbia S.A. was founded in 1945 and is headquartered in Medellin, Columbia. This state-of-the-art, two-building complex was opened in 2008 in order to centralize around 4 000 employees, who were working from 14 different buildings in the city. Bancolumbia is the largest bank in Columbia, and its headquarters – which boasts several design accolades – is a landmark in the city.
📊 Bancolumbia offers a wide range of innovative financial products and services to an extensive individual and corporate clientele throughout Columbia, as well as in Panama, El Salvador, Puerto Rico, the Cayman Islands, Peru, Guatemala and Miami. Since its inception, the bank has strived to be the economic and social development driving force for the countries in which it operates.
📊 The bank renders services through nine divisions: Banking Columbia, Banking El Salvador, Leasing, Trust, Investment, Brokerage, Off Shore, Pension and Insurance, and All Other Segments.
📊 The bank’s consolidated branch network comprises more than 921 offices worldwide. Today, Bancolumbia S.A. employs approximately 31 000 people at its various offices.
You might also like: BANCO BRADESCO S.A. STOCKS
OVERVIEW OF BANCOLUMBIA S.A.
- The bank boasts an impressive history of innovation in client experience. For instance, it was the first bank in Latin America to introduce a credit card (1969), and the first to introduce an ATM network in 1985. In 1996, it also launched the first On-Line Office for Individual Customers in the Columbian financial system.
- Bancolombia S.A. attracts deposits and renders retail and commercial banking services, such as automobile, personal and education loans, credit and debit cards, securities brokerage services, fund transfers, lease and foreign trade financing, insurance, and pension funds.
- The bank is passionate about providing thorough and reliable financial information to its investors, so that they are kept informed, and able to make informed financial decisions. It offers a superior experience to its clients and takes pride in its employees. The bank also continuously strives to render value to its shareholders.
VALUES OF BANCOLUMBIA S.A.
- Bancolumbia S.A. faces any challenge head-on, and, through its actions, demonstrates passion and inspiration to make its clients’ dreams come true.
The bank strives to be recognized as a personal and social development driving force, and aims to be the financial service provider of choice by generating satisfaction among its clientele.
- The bank also feels passionate about contributing to the economic, social and environmental welfare of the communities and territories in which it operates. It recognizes that sustainability drives growth and development. It also seeks to stay abreast of innovations and developments on the global financial front.
Bancolumbia S.A values its employees and their inputs, and recognizes the importance of their contributions to its continued success.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF BANCOLUMBIA S.A.
- Bancolumbia S.A. trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the ticker symbol “CIB”.
- The bank is also listed on the Columbian Stock Exchange. Bancolumbia S.A. steady performance on the market affords shareholders, who buy and sell company stock, the confidence to do so in the expectation of sound dividends and returns on their investment. In 2018, the bank recorded revenue of US$6.347.000 billion.
You might also like: BANCO BILBAO VIZCAYA ARGENTARIA S.A. STOCKS
LATEST NEWS BANCOLUMBIA S.A.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy BANCOLUMBIA S.A. Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN BANCOLUMBIA S.A. STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE BANCOLUMBIA S.A. STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of BANCOLUMBIA S.A. stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy BANCOLUMBIA S.A. stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : HONEYWELL STOCKS