BANK OF N.T. BUTTERFIELD & SON (NTB) Stocks
ABOUT BANK OF N.T. BUTTERFIELD & SON
📊 The Bank of N.T. Butterfield & Son Limited (Butterfield) was founded in 1858 and has its headquarters in Hamilton, Bermuda. Butterfield provides a full portfolio of community banking services in Bermuda and the Cayman Islands.
📊 These comprise retail and corporate banking and treasury activities, as well as private banking, asset management and personal trust services. As of January 2017, the bank operated five customer centres in Bermuda and had total deposits of US$ 10 billion.
📊 The company’s history started with Nathaniel Butterfield who founded a trading company in Bermuda in 1758. Butterfield’s son, Nathaniel T, then added financial services to the company’s portfolio which led to the founding of Bank of N.T. Butterfield as Bermuda’s first bank in 1858.
📊 The bank opened a branch in St. George’s, Bermuda during World War II. The company grew exponentially after the war and opened branches in the United Kingdom and Cayman Islands in the 1960s.
📊 It took over the Bermuda National Bank in the 1980s and continued to expand internationally. Today, Butterfield employs more than 1 200 people across its operations.
HISTORY OF BANK OF N.T. BUTTERFIELD & SON
- The Bank of N.T. Butterfield & Son Limited offers an extensive portfolio of community, commercial and private banking services to individuals as well as small- and medium-sized businesses.
- The company’s lending services offering comprises residential mortgage lending, vehicle financing, consumer financing, credit cards, overdraft facilities and commercial real-estate lending, as well as commercial and industrial loans. Butterfield accepts corporate and retail checking, savings and certificates of deposits, as well as non-interest bearing deposits.
- The bank also offers investment products and services, as well as cash and liquidity management, foreign exchange, custody administration and settlement services.
- Butterfield also provides personal and property/auto insurance products, letters of credit, money market services, private banking, administered banking services and fiduciary services, amongst others.
- Clients have access to debit cards, automated teller machines, personal and business deposits and mobile/online banking services. The bank operates in the Cayman Islands, Guernsey, Jersey, the United Kingdom, Singapore and Mauritius, to name but a few countries.
VISION & VALUES OF BANK OF N.T. BUTTERFIELD & SON
- Bank of N.T. Butterfield & Son Limited strives to provide consistent and superior returns to its shareholders who purchase company shares. It also offers security and opportunities to its competent workforce and contributes to the well-being of the communities in which it operates.
- The bank’s business model is characterized by its customer-focused operations, efficient and ethical delivery of banking services and sound business practices.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF BANK OF N.T. BUTTERFIELD & SON
- The Bank of N.T. Butterfield & Son Limited trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the stock symbol “NTB”.
- Butterfields sound financial performance bodes well for shareholders who can buy or sell company shares in the expectation of solid dividends and returns.
- For the second quarter of 2019, the bank recorded net income of US$ 38.6 million. Core net income was US$ 51.1 million or $ 0.95 per diluted common share.