BARNES GROUP (B) Stocks
ABOUT BARNES GROUP
📊 Barnes Group, Inc., a global industrial and aerospace manufacturer and service provider, was incorporated on January 30, 1925 and has its headquarters in Bristol, Connecticut, in the United States.
📊 The company is a global supplier of highly engineered products, differentiated industrial technologies and innovative solution. Its specialized products and services are used in applications within the aerospace, transportation, manufacturing, automation, healthcare and packaging industries.
📊 The company’s history can be traced back to 1857 when Wallace Barnes founded his own small company in partnership with E.L. Dunbar that manufactured springs for clocks and hoop skirts. Over the years the company continued to grow, culminating in the establishment of Wallace Barnes Co. in Hamilton, Ontario. The latter continued to grow -through acquisitions – into the powerhouse it is today.
📊 The company is renowned as a pioneer in the industry. It was the first to perfect shot peening for industrial applications and to develop the nitrogen gas spring for press tools. It also developed the first color-coding system to differentiate various loads for the springs use in tool applications.
📊 Today, the company employs approximately 5 000 people across its operations.
You might also like: ASSURANT STOCKS
HISTORY OF BARNES GROUP
- Barnes Group Inc. conducts its operations through two primary segments: Industrial and Aerospace. The Industrial segment is divided into three units: Molding Solutions, Nitrogen Gas Products and Engineered Components.
- The Industrial segment focuses on the manufacturing of precision parts, products and systems for applications in markets such as transportation, industrial equipment, packaging, consumer products, medical devices and energy. The Molding Solutions unit designs and manufactures customized hot-runner systems, advanced mold cavity sensors and process control systems, as well as precision high cavitation and cube mold assemblies or plastic injection molding applications. The Nitrogen Gas Products unit manufactures manifold systems and nitrogen gas spring used to control stamping presses.
- The Aerospace segment focuses on fabricated and precision-machined components and assemblies for OEM turbine engine-, airframe- and industrial gas turbine builders as well as the military. It offers jet engine component MRO services for various turbine engine manufacturers, commercial airlines and the military. Activities in this segment also include the manufacture and distribution of aerospace aftermarket spare parts.
VISION & VALUES OF BARNES GROUP
- Barnes Group, Inc. believes in a set of core values that defines all its operations and activities. The company believes in maintaining the highest ethical standards, being honest in all it does and honoring its commitments at all times.
- It is competitive and seeks continuous growth to gain sustainable superiority in the marketplace for its products and services. By valuing diversity and inclusion, the company embraces the expansion of its business around the world as an opportunity to add value for shareholders who purchase company shares.
- It values its partnerships with employees, partners and customers across different cultures and contributes to the development of the communities in which it operates.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF BARNES GROUP
- Barnes Group, Inc.trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the stock symbol “B”. The company is an S&P 600 component.
- For the second quarter 2019, the company recorded sales of US$372 million, net income of US$37.6 million, or $0.73 per diluted share.
- The company’s 2019 sales growth expectation is 3- to 4%. Shareholders can therefore buy or sell company shares in the expectation of solid dividends and returns.
You might also like: APARTMENT INVESTMENT AND MANAGEMENT COMPANY CLASS A STOCKS
LATEST NEWS BARNES GROUP
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy BARNES GROUP Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN BARNES GROUP STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE BARNES GROUP STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of BARNES GROUP stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy BARNES GROUP stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : ANSYS STOCKS