BARRATT DEVELOPMENTS PLC (BDEV) Shares
ABOUT BARRATT DEVELOPMENTS PLC
📊 Barratt Developments plc, a British residential property development company, was founded in 1958 and has its headquarters in Coalville in England.
📊 The company focuses on acquiring and developing land; planning, designing and constructing residential property developments, and selling these homes throughout Britain.
📊 The company had its origin as Greensitt Bros., but Sir Lawrie Barratt and Lewis Greensitt assumed control in 1962.
📊 It listed on the Stock Exchange in 1968 as Greensitt & Barratt. Greensitt exited shortly after, and the company was renamed Barratt Developments.
📊 In the 70s, the company made a number of acquisitions which transformed it from a local- to a national homebuilder, constructing an average of 10 000 houses every year.
📊 The company offers and extensive portfolio to its clientele, with prices for private homes outside London ranging from £ 70,000 to more than £ 1 million.
📊 The company designs its developments to meet the needs of the local community.Home offerings range from one-bedroom flats to six-bedroom family homes.
📊 Today, the company employs about 150 people.
OVERVIEW OF BCA BARRATT DEVELOPMENTS PLC
- Barratt Developments plc conducts its operations through two primary segments: Housebuilding and Commercial Developments. Housebuilding operates in six regions and comprises approximately 30 divisions that collectively deliver more than 17 000 homes annually.
- The company conducts its Commercial Developments activities through its subsidiary, Wilson Bowden Developments. It targets specific locations where it purchases land and use standard house designs to build houses for its clientele.
- The company’s brands include Barratt Homes, David Wilson Homes and Barratt London. The latter provides apartments and penthouses in Westminster to riverside communities in Fulham.
- Its David Wilson Homes brand offers home design and specifications, and focuses on developing family homes.
- One of the projects conducted by Wilson Bowden Developments includes Optimus Point, a 74-acre Greenfield site at Glenfield.
- The company’s geographic reach and product diversity enables it to maximise development opportunities across Britain, whilst maintaining a balanced development portfolio.
VISION & VALUES OF BARRATT DEVELOPMENTS PLC
- Barratt Developments plc believes in continuous innovation and the consistent implementation of best practice across its business operations.
- Building great homes and offering outstanding customer experiences are priorities. It further strives to build long-term relationships with employees, partners and shareholders who purchase company shares.
- It focuses on quality and excellence and retains the best people by investing in their development and success.
- It creates sustainable futures through integrating core values such as integrity and accountability into its daily operations.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF BARRATT DEVELOPMENTS PLC
Barratt Developments plc trades on the London Stock Exchange (LSE) under the stock symbol “BDEV”. It is a constituent of the FTSE 100 Index.
For fiscal 2018, the company recorded revenue of £ 4.864.8 million, operating income of £ 869.6 million and net income of £ 671.5 million.
Shareholders who buy or sell company shares can therefore expect solid dividends and returns on their investments.