BAUSCH HEALTH COMPANIES (BHC) Stocks
ABOUT BAUSCH HEALTH COMPANIES
📊 Bausch Health Companies Inc. (formerly Valeant Pharmaceuticals), a Canadian multinational specialty pharmaceutical company, was incorporated on August 9, 2013 and has its headquarters in Laval, Quebec.
📊 The company develops, manufactures and markets a portfolio of branded, generic and branded generic pharmaceuticals, over-the-counter (OTC) products, and medical devices which are distributed in more than 100 countries. Its products are utilized in fields such as dermatology, gastrointestinal disorders, eye health, neurology and branded generics. The company owns Bausch & Lomb, one of the world’s leading suppliers of eye health products.
📊 The company was founded in 1959 and grew swiftly through mergers and acquisitions of which the largest were Bausch & Lomb in 2013 and Salix Pharmaceuticals in 2015. The company’s broad range of products is marketed in countries such as the U.S., Canada, Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Asia Pacific and Latin America. Its products are used by 150 million people worldwide.
📊 Today, the company employs approximately 21 000 people across its operations.
You might also like: BASIC ENERGY SERVICES STOCKS
HISTORY OF BAUSCH HEALTH COMPANIES
- Bausch Health Companies, Inc. conducts its operations through two primary segments: Developed Markets and Emerging Markets. The Developed Markets segment focuses on sales of pharmaceutical and medical device products in the U.S. It also generates alliance and contract service revenues in the fields of dermatology and podiatry, neurology, gastrointestinal disorders, eye health, oncology and urology, dentistry, aesthetics and women’s health in the U.S.
- These OTC and medical device products are sold in Western Europe, Canada, Japan Australia and New Zealand. Products in this segment include Xifaxan, Wellbutrin XL, Solodyn, Glumetza, Provenge and Jublia, to name but a few.
- The Emerging Markets segment comprises branded generic pharmaceutical products and branded pharmaceuticals, OTC- and medical device products. Its markets include Central and Eastern Europe, Asia, Latin America, Africa and the Middle East.
- The company’s pharmaceutical business and branded generics in these geographical areas include antibiotics and treatments for neurological and cardiovascular diseases, dermatological products, diabetic therapies and eye health products.
- The company’s OTC brand portfolio includes ReNuMultiplus, Bedoyecta, Artelac and Cocuvite.
VISION & VALUES OF BAUSCH HEALTH COMPANIES
- Bausch Health Companies, Inc. strives to improve people’s lives across the globe with its innovative health care products. This core mission is founded on five pillars which the company regards at its foundation to success and future growth.
- These pillars include quality healthcare outcomes, customer-focus, innovation, efficiency and motivated employees. Its operations are based on values such as accountability, agility, courage, integrity and teamwork.
- This effective business model stimulates growth and adds value for shareholders who purchase shares.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF BAUSCH HEALTH COMPANIES
- Bausch Health Companies, Inc.trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the stock symbol “BHC”.
- The company is an S&P/TSC 60 component.
- For the first quarter 2019, the company recorded revenue of US$2.016 billion, GAAP cash flow from operations of US$413 million (in line with company expectations) and adjusted EBITDA (non-GAAP)1 of US$851 million.
You might also like: BARNES GROUP STOCKS
LATEST NEWS BAUSCH HEALTH COMPANIES
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy BAUSCH HEALTH COMPANIES Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN BAUSCH HEALTH COMPANIES STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE BAUSCH HEALTH COMPANIES STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of BAUSCH HEALTH COMPANIES stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy BAUSCH HEALTH COMPANIES stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : ASSURANT STOCKS