BAXTER INTERNATIONAL (BAX) Stocks
ABOUT BAXTER INTERNATIONAL
📊 Baxter International Inc. is an American health care company. Its primary focus is on products to treat kidney disease, immune disorders, haemophilia and other acute and chronic medical conditions.
📊 In 2017 the company has sales of $10.6 billion from its BioScience and Medical Products businesses. The Medical Products business produces inhalational anaesthetics, intravenous products and other products used to deliver drugs and fluids to patients, products for peritoneal dialysis and hemodialysis, contract manufacturing services as well as products to treat irreversible kidney failure and end-stage renal disease.
📊 The BioScience business produces plasma-based therapies to treat immune deficiencies, acute blood-related and chronic conditions, blood plasma and recombinant proteins to treat haemophilia as well as products for vaccines and regenerative medicine. Baxter International Inc.’s history dates back to 1931.
📊 It is headquartered in Deerfield, Illinois and today it has more than 48 000 employees. Its subsidiaries include Gambro, Baxter Pharmaceutical Solutions LLC, Apatech Limited, Baxter Corporation, Baxter World Trade Corporation and Sigma Motor Corporation.
You might also like: BANK OF NEW YORK MELLON STOCKS
OVERVIEW OF BAXTER INTERNATIONAL
- In 1931 the Don Baxter Intravenous Products Corporation is launched by Drs. Ralph Falk and Don Baxter. The company is the first commercial manufacturer of prepared IV solutions. Soon afterwards the Transfuso-Vac container for blood collection and storage is introduced. This makes blood banks possible and storage of blood for up to 3 weeks.
- By the end of the 1930’s the company’s name is changed to BaxterLaboratories, Inc. It opens its first manufacturing facility in Glenview, Illinois. The Plasma-Vac container, allowing plasma to be separated from whole blood for storage, is produced in 1941.
- In 1948 an unbreakable plastic container for the storage of blood is introduced.
- The company’s second manufacturing facility is opened in Mississippi in 1950. In 1952 BaxterLaboratories, Inc. becomes the first company in the U.S. to make human plasma commercially available after it buys Hyland Laboratories. Two years later the company opens an office in Belgium. In 1956 Dutch physician Willem Kolff develops the first “artificial kidney” from orange juice cans, wood slats and a cellophane membrane. Building from his work Baxter produces the first commercial dialysis system later the same year.
- In 1960 the company produces the first peritoneal dialysis (PD) solution which filters waste from people’s blood in renal failure. This is done through their peritoneal membrane instead of using an external dialyzer. In 1961 the company starts trading on the New York Stock Exchange. The company joins the Fortune 500 list of largest American corporations in 1971. Many more products are manufactured over the next few years.
- In 1985 the company buys the healthcare distribution company American Hospital Supply Corporation. In 1998 Baxter buys Ohmeda’s Pharmaceutical Products Division making it a leader in inhaled anaesthetics.
- In 2011 Baxter Ventures is launched and becomes a new way for the company to identify and fund healthcare innovation. It also buys Baxa Corporation which enhances its pharmacy automation offerings.
- In 2012 it buys Sigma – a manufacturer of smart infusion pumps – as well as Synovis Life Technologies, Inc. – a leading microsurgery products company.
- In 2015 Baxter spins off its BioScience business to focus on nutrition, hospital as well as renal and surgical care. In 2017 the company buys Claris Injectables Limited – a company that produces generic injectable pharmaceuticals.
VALUES OF BAXTER INTERNATIONAL
- Baxter International Inc.’s mission is to save and sustain lives through its commitment to sustainable and responsible business practices. The company is also committed to reduce its environmental footprint wherever it can.
- Baxter is involved in various projects around to world to assist communities in living a better and healthier life. In 2018 Baxter is named to the Dow Jones Sustainability Index for the 19th consecutive year.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF BAXTER INTERNATIONAL
- Baxter International Inc. trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the NYSE Stock Symbol “BAX”.
- In January 2019 the company releases its 2018 Fourth Quarter and Full Year Results. Its fourth quarter revenue is $2.8 billion – a 2% increase on a reported basis and 5% on an operational basis. Its fourth quarter GAAP earnings per share (EPS) is $0.66 – adjusted EPS of $0.78 increases 22%.
- Full year revenue is $11.1 billion – an increase of 5% on a reported basis and 3% on an operational basis. Full year GAAP earnings per share are $2.99 – adjusted EPS of $3.05 an increase of 23%.
You might also like: AUTOMATIC DATA PROCESSING STOCKS
LATEST NEWS BAXTER INTERNATIONAL
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy BAXTER INTERNATIONAL Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN BAXTER INTERNATIONAL STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE BAXTER INTERNATIONAL STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of BAXTER INTERNATIONAL stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy BAXTER INTERNATIONAL stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : AUTODESK STOCKS