BLUELINX (BXC) Stocks
📊 BlueLinx Holdings, Inc. (BlueLinx), an American building products company, was incorporated on August 26, 2004 and has its headquarters in Atlanta, Georgia. The company is a wholesale distributor of building and industrial products through a network of distribution centers.
📊 BlueLinx has more than 2 500 associates and distributes its extensive range of structural and specialty products to about 15 000 local, regional and national dealers, as well as industrial and manufactured housing customers.
📊 The company was established in May 2004 when senior management purchased the assets of Georgia-Pacific’s distribution division. Equity financing was provided by Cerberus Capital Management, making the latter the majority owner.
📊 BlueLinx entered into a planned merger agreement in 2018 to buy Cedar Creek Holdings from Charlesbank Equity and now comprises of more than 60 distribution centres across the U.S. The company is one of the largest building products distributors in the country and strives to provide the highest quality products available at leading vendors in the U.S. and globally.
📊 Today, the company employs approximately 2 500 people across its operations.
You might also like: BWX TECHNOLOGIES STOCKS
HISTORY OF BLUELINX
- BlueLinx Holdings, Inc.’s product portfolio includes more than 50 000 branded and private-label stock-keeping units (SKUs). The company boasts a value driven business model and differentiated distribution platform in the building products industry.
- The company organizes it distribution network through two categories: structural products and specialty products. Its structural products portfolio includes plywood, oriented strand board (OSB), rebar and remesh, lumber and other wood products used for structural support, flooring and walls in construction projects.
- The company’s specialty products comprise insulation, roofing, specialty panels, engineered wood products, vinyl products, outdoor living, particle board and metal products. A number of these products are branded by BlueLinx.
- The company also offers a portfolio of value-added services and solutions to its customers and suppliers such as less-than-truckload delivery services; pre-negotiated program pricing plans; automated order processing through an electronic data interchange (EDI) and intermodal distribution services, to name but a few.
VISION & VALUES OF BLUELINX
- BlueLinx Holdings, Inc. seeks continuous improvement of its products and services. It questions everything it does and takes ownership for its actions and mistakes. The company has its eyes firmly set on the future as the past is no longer relevant. It encourages teamwork and values its employees.
- It also believes that individual success can never be to the detriment of the team. The company operates with integrity, honesty and humility and respects its clients and stakeholders. This business ethos ensures growth and adds value for shareholders who purchase company shares.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF BLUELINX
- BlueLinx Holdings, Inc. trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the stock symbol “BXC”.
- The company is a Russel 2000 Index component. For the fiscal quarter ended March 30, 2019, the company reported net sales of US$ 639 million, up US$ 201 million. Gross profit was US$ 86 million, up US$ 31 million. Gross margin also improved to 13.5% compared to 12.6%.
- These sound financials afford shareholders the confidence to buy or sell company shares in the expectation of sound dividends and returns.
You might also like: BUENAVENTURA STOCKS
LATEST NEWS BLUELINX
Buy BLUELINX stocks / shares – 📈 A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase BLUELINX Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy BLUELINX Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN BLUELINX STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE BLUELINX STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of BLUELINX stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy BLUELINX stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : BRIGHTVIEW HOLDINGS STOCKS