BORGWARNER (BWA) Stocks
📊 BorgWarner Inc. is a technology solutions company that provides its services and products to electric, combustion and hybrid vehicles. The company’s diverse portfolio serves aftermarket, medium and heavy duty, off-highway as well as light vehicles. The company uses its innovative technologies to improve efficiency, performance and emissions in all vehicle markets.
📊 BorgWarner operates through its segments. Its Engine segment offers products such as turbochargers, emissions systems, thermal systems as well as timing devices and chains.
📊 The company’s Drivetrain segment offers products to transmission components, rotating electrical devices and all-wheel-drive torque transfer systems. Customers can purchase products around the globe at an affordable price.
📊 BorgWarner, Inc. is an S&P 500 Index component. The company is headquartered in Auburn Hills, Michigan. BorgWarner employs more than 30 000 people across the globe in its 68 facilities across 19 countries.
You might also like: COMERICA STOCKS
HISTORY OF BORGWARNER
- In 1928 Borg-Warner Corporation is formed when Borg & Beck, Warner Gear, Marvel-Schebler and Mechanics Universal merges.
- The company buys Morse Chain in 1929. It develops its first glow plug to start cold engines. In 1987 Borg-Warner Corporation ceases to exist. Borg-Warner Automotive. Inc. is created as a subsidiary of a newly established company named Borg-Warner Corporation that would later be renamed Borg-Warner Security Corporation.
- In 1993 Borg-Warner Automotive, Inc. is spun off from Borg-Warner Security Corporation and is now an independent company.
- BorgWarner buys three Coltec Industries automotive businesses (including Holley Automotive) and expands its portfolio. In 1999 the company buys Schwitzer Cooling, Kysor and Eaton Fluid Power from BorgWarner Cooling Systems.
- Ford and Honda offers the company its first multi-year contracts in 2000. A few years later BorgWarner opens a plant in Japan and another one in Korea.
- During the next few years the company opens new plants throughout China, France, Germany and Korea. Several companies are purchased to expand BorgWarner’s portfolio and the company wins several PACE Awards for innovation, business performance and technical advancement.
VISION & VALUES OF BORGWARNER
- BorgWarner, Inc. is committed to protecting the environment and supporting communities in which it serves. The company recycles, conserves and reuses its resources. BorgWarner’s products and services assist with fuel economy as well as air quality.
- The company and its employees support schools in India, help raise funds for Habitat for Humanity (raising $1 200 for its 2017 for building homes) and provide free vision care in India.
- Baby gifts are collected for families in need and the company donates bikes to refugee children. These are just a few examples of how BorgWarner is socially and environmentally responsible.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF BORGWARNER
- BorgWarner, Inc. trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the NYSE stock symbol “BWA”.
- Data analysis for the company’s quarterly period ending June 30, 2019 reports total assets of $10,231 million. Cash in the reported period is $710 million and gross profit is $513 million. Net sales are $2,551 million and operating income $285 million.
- Net earnings are $182 million. Comprehensive income is $184 million. Cash and restricted cash at the end of the period is $710 million. Dividends paid to non controlling stockholders are $24 million.
You might also like: CMS ENERGY STOCKS
LATEST NEWS BORGWARNER
Buy BORGWARNER stocks / shares – 📈 A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase BORGWARNER Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy BORGWARNER Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN BORGWARNER STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE BORGWARNER STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of BORGWARNER stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy BORGWARNER stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : CITRIX SYSTEMS STOCKS