BORGWARNER (BWA) Stocks
📊 BorgWarner Inc. is a technology solutions company that provides its services and products to electric, combustion and hybrid vehicles. The company’s diverse portfolio serves aftermarket, medium and heavy duty, off-highway as well as light vehicles. The company uses its innovative technologies to improve efficiency, performance and emissions in all vehicle markets.
📊 BorgWarner operates through its segments. Its Engine segment offers products such as turbochargers, emissions systems, thermal systems as well as timing devices and chains.
📊 The company’s Drivetrain segment offers products to transmission components, rotating electrical devices and all-wheel-drive torque transfer systems. Customers can purchase products around the globe at an affordable price.
📊 BorgWarner, Inc. is an S&P 500 Index component. The company is headquartered in Auburn Hills, Michigan. BorgWarner employs more than 30 000 people across the globe in its 68 facilities across 19 countries.
HISTORY OF BORGWARNER
- In 1928 Borg-Warner Corporation is formed when Borg & Beck, Warner Gear, Marvel-Schebler and Mechanics Universal merges.
- The company buys Morse Chain in 1929. It develops its first glow plug to start cold engines. In 1987 Borg-Warner Corporation ceases to exist. Borg-Warner Automotive. Inc. is created as a subsidiary of a newly established company named Borg-Warner Corporation that would later be renamed Borg-Warner Security Corporation.
- In 1993 Borg-Warner Automotive, Inc. is spun off from Borg-Warner Security Corporation and is now an independent company.
- BorgWarner buys three Coltec Industries automotive businesses (including Holley Automotive) and expands its portfolio. In 1999 the company buys Schwitzer Cooling, Kysor and Eaton Fluid Power from BorgWarner Cooling Systems.
- Ford and Honda offers the company its first multi-year contracts in 2000. A few years later BorgWarner opens a plant in Japan and another one in Korea.
- During the next few years the company opens new plants throughout China, France, Germany and Korea. Several companies are purchased to expand BorgWarner’s portfolio and the company wins several PACE Awards for innovation, business performance and technical advancement.
VISION & VALUES OF BORGWARNER
- BorgWarner, Inc. is committed to protecting the environment and supporting communities in which it serves. The company recycles, conserves and reuses its resources. BorgWarner’s products and services assist with fuel economy as well as air quality.
- The company and its employees support schools in India, help raise funds for Habitat for Humanity (raising $1 200 for its 2017 for building homes) and provide free vision care in India.
- Baby gifts are collected for families in need and the company donates bikes to refugee children. These are just a few examples of how BorgWarner is socially and environmentally responsible.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF BORGWARNER
- BorgWarner, Inc. trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the NYSE stock symbol “BWA”.
- Data analysis for the company’s quarterly period ending June 30, 2019 reports total assets of $10,231 million. Cash in the reported period is $710 million and gross profit is $513 million. Net sales are $2,551 million and operating income $285 million.
- Net earnings are $182 million. Comprehensive income is $184 million. Cash and restricted cash at the end of the period is $710 million. Dividends paid to non controlling stockholders are $24 million.