BOSTON BEER COMPANY (SAM) Stocks
ABOUT BOSTON BEER COMPANY
📊 The Boston Beer Company, Inc., an American craft-beer brewer, was incorporated on August 17, 1995 and has its headquarters in Boston, Massachusetts.
📊 The company focuses on the production and marketing of alcoholic beverages in the domestic market, as well as selected international markets.
📊 The Boston Beer Company, Inc. was founded in 1984 by James “Jim” Koch and Rhonda Kallman. Koch constructed a business plan for a locally focused beer company. The company was organized as a limited liability partnership. Its first brand of beer was named Samuel Adams followed by Angry Orchard hard ciders in 2012.
📊 Based on revenue, the company is the second-largest craft brewery in the U.S.
📊 As the company grew, it entered into contract arrangements at a number of brewing facilities such as Stroh breweries, Blitz-Weinnhard brewery in Portland, the Hudepohl-Schoenling brewery in Cincinnati and industry giant SABMiller.
📊 It subsidiaries include The Traveler Brewing Company, Coney Island Brewing Company ,Angel City Brewery and Concrete Beach Brewery. The company also owns a small research & development brewery in Boston that offers public tours and beer tasting.
📊 Today, the company employs approximately 1 400 people across its operations.
HISTORY OF BOSTON BEER COMPANY
- The Boston Beer Company, Inc. conducts its operations through two primary segments: Boston Beer Company and A&S Brewing Collaborative. The Boston Beer Company segment’s portfolio brands include Samuel Adams, Twisted Tea, Angry Orchard and Truly Spiked & Sparkling.
- The A&S Brewing Collaborative segment includes a number of subsidiaries such as The Traveler Beer Company, Angel City Brewing Company, Coney Island Brewing Company and Concrete Beach Brewing Company. Both these divisions markets low-alcohol beverages.
- The Boston Beer Company owns breweries in Boston, Massachusetts; Cincinnati, Ohio; Breinigsville, Pennsylvania; Los Angeles, California; Miami, Florida and Brooklyn, New York. It also has an apple orchard and cidery in Walden, New York (the Orchard).
- The company markets its products to about 350 wholesalers in the U.S., as well as to a broad network of distributors who services retailers in various markets. It also has markets in Canada, Europe, New Zealand, the Caribbean, the Pacific Rim, Australia, Mexico, as well as Central and South America.
VISION & VALUES OF BOSTON BEER COMPANY
- The Boston Beer Company, Inc.’s mission is to pursue long-term profitable growth by offering the most superior products to the U.S. beer drinker. By offering a great beer-drinking experience, the company ensures that customers will return for the many other products it has to offer.
- This enables long-term profitability and adds value for shareholders who purchase company shares. The company adheres to values such as integrity, accountability, respect, drive and collaboration in all of its operations.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF BOSTON BEER COMPANY
- The Boston Beer Company, Inc. trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the stock symbol “SAM”.
- The company is an S&P 400 component.
- For the second quarter of 2019, the company reported net revenue of US$ 318.4 million, an increase of 16.6% over the same quarter 2018. Net income was US$ 27.9 million, or $2.36 per diluted share, and increase of $0.38 per diluted share from the second quarter 2018.
- This solid financial performance bodes well for shareholders who buy or sell company shares as they can expect sound dividends and returns.