BOX (BOX) Stocks
📊 Box, Inc., a cloud content management company, was incorporated on March 11, 2008 and has its headquarters in Redwood City, California in the United States. The company provides a cloud content management platform that enables companies of all sizes to manage cloud content by allowing access and sharing of this content on any device, and from anywhere.
📊 The Box platform was originally developed as a college project by Aaron Levie in 2004. Box made its first acquisition in 2009 when it purchased Increo Solutions for its document collaboration and preview technology.
📊 The company’s cloud computing business provides content management tools for working with files that are uploaded to its servers. It allows users to determine how their content can be shared with other users. Users can invite others to view or edit shared files, upload documents and photos to shared files folders, and they can give other users permission to view shared files. Box, Inc. powers more than 87 000 businesses globally from offices in the United States, Europe and Asia.
📊 The company introduced OpenBox 2 to the market in 2007 that allows developers to design services that interact with files on Box.com. The latter’s application programming interface is implemented over conventional XML. Box, Inc. also acquired the two-man medical-imaging software startup MedXT for US$ 3.84 million in 2014. Today, the company employs approximately 2 000 people across 12 locations.
You might also like: BANK OF NOVA SCOTIA STOCKS
HISTORY OF BOX
- Box, Inc.’s cloud platform integrates with the applications of enterprise technology providers such as Microsoft, IBM, Salesforce.com, Apple and Google, to name but a few. Box offers its users three account types: Enterprise, Business and Personal. A mobile version of the platform is also available on a number of devices, including Blackberry and Windows Phone.
- The company’s software is compatible with multiple application environments, devices and operating systems that allow workers to have access to their business content. It also offers tools that address targeted business needs with a combination of technology, services and marketing programs. Box, Inc.’s clientele include BMI, Schneider Electric, Procter & Gamble, AstraZeneca, General Electric, P&G and the GAP, to name but a few.
- The company offers Box Platform and Box Zones to its global clientele. Box Platform assists companies to accelerate their transformation into digital business by building applications. Box Zones enables businesses worldwide to adopt Box as their content management platform by allowing them to store data locally in certain regions. Organizations can now address region-specific compliance mandates associated with data residency and privacy.
VISION & VALUES OF BOX
- Box, Inc. strives to make businesses more productive, competitive and powerful by connecting people and their most important information. It aims to blow its customer’s minds by providing them with superior services and products.
- The company believes the bigger the better, especially when it comes to ideas. By taking big bets and learning from its mistakes, the company drives growth and adds value for shareholders who purchase company shares.
- It firmly believes that the best work is done by staying authentic and bringing diverse perspectives, cultures and backgrounds to the table.
- It further believes that the only way to perform at the highest level is by listening to each other and sharing candid feedback.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF BOX
- Box, Inc. trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the stock symbol “BOX”.
- For fiscal 2019 the company registered record revenue of US$ 608.4 million, a 20% increase year-over-year. Billings for fiscal 2019 were US$ 672.9 million, an increase of 15% over 2018.
- These financials bode well for shareholders who can buy or sell company shares in the expectation of solid dividends and returns.
You might also like: BANKUNITED STOCKS
LATEST NEWS BOX
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy BOX Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN BOX STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE BOX STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of BOX stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy BOX stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : BLACK NIGHT STOCKS