BOX (BOX) Stocks
📊 Box, Inc., a cloud content management company, was incorporated on March 11, 2008 and has its headquarters in Redwood City, California in the United States. The company provides a cloud content management platform that enables companies of all sizes to manage cloud content by allowing access and sharing of this content on any device, and from anywhere.
📊 The Box platform was originally developed as a college project by Aaron Levie in 2004. Box made its first acquisition in 2009 when it purchased Increo Solutions for its document collaboration and preview technology.
📊 The company’s cloud computing business provides content management tools for working with files that are uploaded to its servers. It allows users to determine how their content can be shared with other users. Users can invite others to view or edit shared files, upload documents and photos to shared files folders, and they can give other users permission to view shared files. Box, Inc. powers more than 87 000 businesses globally from offices in the United States, Europe and Asia.
📊 The company introduced OpenBox 2 to the market in 2007 that allows developers to design services that interact with files on Box.com. The latter’s application programming interface is implemented over conventional XML. Box, Inc. also acquired the two-man medical-imaging software startup MedXT for US$ 3.84 million in 2014. Today, the company employs approximately 2 000 people across 12 locations.
HISTORY OF BOX
- Box, Inc.’s cloud platform integrates with the applications of enterprise technology providers such as Microsoft, IBM, Salesforce.com, Apple and Google, to name but a few. Box offers its users three account types: Enterprise, Business and Personal. A mobile version of the platform is also available on a number of devices, including Blackberry and Windows Phone.
- The company’s software is compatible with multiple application environments, devices and operating systems that allow workers to have access to their business content. It also offers tools that address targeted business needs with a combination of technology, services and marketing programs. Box, Inc.’s clientele include BMI, Schneider Electric, Procter & Gamble, AstraZeneca, General Electric, P&G and the GAP, to name but a few.
- The company offers Box Platform and Box Zones to its global clientele. Box Platform assists companies to accelerate their transformation into digital business by building applications. Box Zones enables businesses worldwide to adopt Box as their content management platform by allowing them to store data locally in certain regions. Organizations can now address region-specific compliance mandates associated with data residency and privacy.
VISION & VALUES OF BOX
- Box, Inc. strives to make businesses more productive, competitive and powerful by connecting people and their most important information. It aims to blow its customer’s minds by providing them with superior services and products.
- The company believes the bigger the better, especially when it comes to ideas. By taking big bets and learning from its mistakes, the company drives growth and adds value for shareholders who purchase company shares.
- It firmly believes that the best work is done by staying authentic and bringing diverse perspectives, cultures and backgrounds to the table.
- It further believes that the only way to perform at the highest level is by listening to each other and sharing candid feedback.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF BOX
- Box, Inc. trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the stock symbol “BOX”.
- For fiscal 2019 the company registered record revenue of US$ 608.4 million, a 20% increase year-over-year. Billings for fiscal 2019 were US$ 672.9 million, an increase of 15% over 2018.
- These financials bode well for shareholders who can buy or sell company shares in the expectation of solid dividends and returns.