BRIGGS & STRATTON (BGG) Stocks
ABOUT BRIGGS & STRATTON
📊 Briggs & Stratton Corporation is the largest designer, manufacturer, marketer and seller of gasoline engines around the globe. The company’s products and services are offered to original equipment manufacturers of outdoor power equipment around the globe.
📊 The company brand portfolio includes popular named such as Snapper Pro, Billy Goat, Simplicity, Murray, Ferris, Allmand and PowerBoss. Products are can be purchased and serviced in more than 40 000 suppliers and service organizations, in 100 countries across 6 continents. More than 85 percent of the company’s products are manufactured in its 13 United States facilities. Eight more facilities are located in Canada, China, Brazil, Mexico, the Netherlands and Australia.
📊 Briggs & Stratton operates through its Products and Engines divisions. Its Products division designs, manufactures and sells job site products and outdoor equipment such as portable and standby generators, snow throwers, turf care, lawn and garden power equipment, pressure washers and debris blowers.
📊 The company’s Engines division offers engines for lawn and garden equipment, snow throwers and garden tillers. It also provides replacement engines and service parts.
📊 Briggs & Stratton Corporation is headquartered in Wauwatosa, Wisconsin and employs more than 5 400 people. The company is listed on the Fortune 1000, making it one of America’s largest company’s by revenue.
HISTORY OF BRIGGS & STRATTON
- Briggs & Stratton is founded in 1908 when inventors Harold M. Stratton by Stephen F. Briggs. The company offers its products and services to agricultural and military uses from 1920 to 1960.
- It develops the first aluminum engine in the 1950’s and transforms the lawn and garden industry. Briggs & Stratton is incorporated in September 1992.
- The company expands its product portfolio to include high-end as well as more affordable price ranges and starts doing business internationally. Briggs & Stratton buys Generac Portable Products Systems in 2000. It enables the company to add generators, pumps and pressure washers to its portfolio.
- In 2004 it buys Simplicity Manufacturing, adding outdoor power equipment for consumer and commercial use to its portfolio.
- During 2006 the company restructures its business into four divisions – Home, Yard, Engine and International Products Groups. Briggs & Stratton buys several businesses during the next few years, including Branco, Allmand and Billy Goat, expanding the company’s rental and commercial markets impressively.
VISION & VALUES OF BRIGGS & STRATTON
- Briggs & Stratton Corporation operates on three pillars of sustainability. It values its people and ensures that employees are well looked after. The company also supports communities by contributing to non-profit organizations.
- Briggs & Stratton protects the planet by reducing product emissions and conserving energy in factories. The past few years the company has reduced emissions with nearly 75 percent. Products are also produced more environmentally friendly where possible.
- By making smart business decisions the company ensures business excellence, creating value for all parties involved.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF BRIGGS & STRATTON
- Briggs & Stratton Corporation trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the NYSE stock symbol “BGG”.
- Data analysis for the company’s quarterly period ending March 31, 2019 reports total assets of $ 1,616,062 thousand. Net sales are $ 580,196 thousand and gross profit is $ 96,987 thousand.
- Cash and cash equivalents are $ 23,863 thousand. The company declares dividends of $ 0.14 per share, a total amount of $ 6,007 thousand.
LATEST NEWS BRIGGS & STRATTON
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy BRIGGS & STRATTON Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN BRIGGS & STRATTON STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE BRIGGS & STRATTON STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of BRIGGS & STRATTON stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy BRIGGS & STRATTON stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?