ABOUT BRITISH LAND COMPANY PLC
📊 British Land Company plc is a leading property company in the United Kingdom.
📊 The company’s portfolio includes more than 23.9 million square feet of floor space and British land valued at approximately £ 12.9 billion. Its assets under management exceeds £ 16.8 billion.
📊 British Land Company offers standalone offices, campuses, multi-let retail properties and several other high-end, sustainable and demographically desirable options. The company’s Canada Water options consists of more than 53 acres of retail and commercial spaces of nearly 3 000 homes.
📊 British Land Company plc is a FTSE 100 Index constituent. It is also a European Public Real Estate Association founding member.
📊 The company employs approximately 800 people and is headquartered in London, England, the United Kingdom.
OVERVIEW OF BRITISH LAND COMPANY PLC
- In 1856 the British Land Company plc is founded. The company buys small plots of land and it is then purchased by customers on good terms.
- Through the years the company grows considerably. In 2005 it buys Pillar Property Plc for a price of £ 811 million to improve its retail property portfolio.
- Sir John Ritblat, who is the chairperson since 1970, steps down in 2006. He is replaced by Chris Gibson-Smith.
- By 2011 British Land Company is one of the largest in the industry and has approximately 135 subsidiaries that include a number of FTSE 100 companies.
- By 2018 the company’s portfolio consists of the largest United Kingdom shopping centre, Meadow hall in Sheffield, and a number of properties bought from House of Fraser, Tesco, Asda and Sainsbury’s.
VISION & VALUES OF BRITISH LAND COMPANY PLC
- British Land Company plc believes that its culture and values plays an important role in its success.
- Shareholders ore offered high earnings, customers are offered quality services and employees are offered a positive work environment.
- The company values its communities and environment and is committed to creating strong performance benchmarks for its environmental, social and governance (ESG) indices.
- British Land Company is listed on the FTSE4Good as well as Dow Jones Sustainability Indices.
- It also boasts a Global Real Estate Sustainability Benchmark green star rating for the ninth consecutive year.
- The company has received several other awards and recognitions during the years.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF BRITISH LAND COMPANY PLC
- British Land Company plc trades on the Financial Times Stock exchange under the FTSE stock symbol “BLND”.
- Data analysis for the company’s year ending 31 March 2019 reports a total revenue of £ 904 million. Cost of revenue is £ 399 million. Administrative expenses are £ 80 million and underlying profit is £ 86 million.
- Total assets are £ 12,256 million and total equity is £ 8,689 million. Cash generated from operations are £ 617 million. Net cash inflow from operating activities is £ 613 million and net cash inflow from investing activities is £ 187 million.
- Cash and cash equivalents are £ 242 million. Dividends are 7.9825 pence per share.