BROOKDALE SENIOR LIVING (BKD) Stocks
ABOUT BROOKDALE SENIOR LIVING
📊 Brookdale Senior Living Inc. is a senior living community that provides its services in approximately 1 100 senior communities as well as retirement communities across 46 states. It serves more than 20 000 patients a day and has more than 80 000 residents and is the largest senior living facility in the Unites States.
📊 The company serves with the best senior living solutions, high-quality service and provides care and living accommodations that are designed and built to make senior residents’ lives easier.
📊 The company’s portfolio includes independent living, assisted living, memory care, skilled nursing and health care services. Health, hospice and outpatient therapy services are also offered.
📊 Brookdale Senior Living Inc.’s headquarters is located in Brentwood, Tennessee. The company employs more than 62 500 people in its facilities across the Unites States.
You might also like: BIG LOTS STOCKS
HISTORY OF BROOKDALE SENIOR LIVING
- Brookdale Senior Living is founded in 1978. The company focuses on upmarket retirement communities in large United States cities that replicate 5 star hotels. During the late 1900’s the company expands its portfolio and buys new communities that include Continuous Care Retirement Communities (CCRC). These communities house assisted living, independent living, nursing and memory care facilities.
- By 2005 Brookdale Senior Living has more than 90 properties. Fortress Investments purchases a majority stake in Brookdale Senior Living and merges it with 300 properties from Alterra.
- A year later Brookdale merges with American Retirement Corporation (ARC Therapy). This adds nearly 130 properties to the company’s portfolio. By now Brookdale owns 550 communities in 36 states.
- In 2011 the company buys Horizon Bay Retirement Living with almost 90 communities. In 2014 it merges with Emeritus Senior Living. It is now the only full-service national senior living provider.
VISION & VALUES OF BROOKDALE SENIOR LIVING
- Brookdale Senior Living Inc. values its shareholders, employees and most of all, its customers and patients. Its mission is to serve with respect, compassion, integrity and quality at affordable prices.
- The company has raised more than $15 million to contribute to the Alzheimer’s Association. The company is named as the number one Senior Housing Provider and a Fortune 1000 company. U.S. News names Brookdale Senior Living as one of the Best Nursing Homes during 2018 and 2019.
- The Nashville Business Journal’s Power 100 names the company one of the Most Influential Industry leaders. Brookdale Senior Living is also named on the boardwalk of fame for Gender Diversity on its board of directors.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF BROOKDALE SENIOR LIVING
- Brookdale Senior Living Inc. trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the NYSE stock symbol “BKD”.
- Data analysis for the company’s quarterly period ending June 30, 2019 report total assets of $ 7,459,482 thousand. Total revenue is $ 1,019,457 thousand and cash and cash equivalents are $ 255,999 thousand.
- Total operating expense is $ 1,017,246 thousand and interest income is $ 2,813 thousand. Total equity balance at beginning of period is $ 917,597 thousand. Net cash provided by operating activities is $ 59,119 thousand.
You might also like: BERKSHIRE HILLS BANCORP STOCKS
LATEST NEWS BROOKDALE SENIOR LIVING
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy BROOKDALE SENIOR LIVING Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN BROOKDALE SENIOR LIVING STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE BROOKDALE SENIOR LIVING STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of BROOKDALE SENIOR LIVING stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy BROOKDALE SENIOR LIVING stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : BENCHMARK ELECTRONICS STOCKS