BROWN & BROWN (BRO) Stocks
ABOUT BROWN & BROWN
📊 Brown & Brown, Inc. is an independent insurance company. It is the nation’s sixth largest insurance brokerage and one of the most influential companies in the industry. Brown & Brown is also one of the top 10 largest insurance brokerages in the world.
📊 The company’s portfolio includes insurance and reinsurance products in property, employee benefits and casualty areas in more than 290 locations across the United States, the United Kingdom, Canada and Cayman Islands.
📊 Its insurance products and services are offered to individuals, families, governmental institutions, trade associations, businesses and corporations. Brown & Brown operates through four divisions, Wholesale, National Programs, Retail and Services.
📊 Brown & Brown, Inc.’s headquarters is in Daytona Beach, Florida. The company has almost 9 600 employees.
You might also like: BP MIDSTREAM PARTNERS LP STOCKS
HISTORY OF BROWN & BROWN
- In 1939 Brown & Owen is founded by Adrian Brown and Charles Owen. The company serves as an agent for Metropolitan Life Insurance Company in Daytona Beach, Florida.
- In January 1959 the company is incorporated. Hyatt Brown buys the company in 1961 for a price of $75 000.
- The company is renamed Brown & Brown.
- During the 1980’s the company starts to purchase other businesses to achieve growth and increase its revenue. The company expands its portfolio by offering an inclusive variety of insurance options. Brown & Brown starts its public trade on the New York Stock Exchange.
- In 1993 the company merges with Poe & Associates. By 2012 the company’s revenues exceeds $1 billion.
VISION & VALUES OF BROWN & BROWN
- Brown & Brown, Inc. is built on its core values which includes innovation, integrity, discipline and superior capabilities. The company’s mission is to offer protection on what is most important to its customers – their families, health and businesses.
- Brown & Brown values its employees and encourages a healthy balance.
- The company believes in an open-door policy and creates a positive work environment. Employees are rewarded on performance when accomplishing goals and opportunities are created to achieve greatness.
- The company has financial stability and crates value to its shareholders. Brown and Brown is a rapidly growing company and offer positive earnings.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF BROWN & BROWN
- Brown & Brown, Inc. trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the NYSE stock symbol “BRO”.
- Data analysis for the company’s quarterly period ending June 30, 2019 reports total revenues of $ 575,219 thousand. Total assets are $ 7,164,767 thousand and net income is $ 92,593 thousand. Cash and cash equivalents are $ 432,548 thousand.
- Total cash dividends paid are $ 22,533 thousand. Dividends paid per share are $ 0.80. Forecasts are looking positive and potentials investors can buy shares now at a decent price.
You might also like: BUCKEYE PARTNERS L.P. STOCKS
LATEST NEWS BROWN & BROWN
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy BROWN & BROWN Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN BROWN & BROWN STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE BROWN & BROWN STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of BROWN & BROWN stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy BROWN & BROWN stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : CAMBREX STOCKS