BRUNSWICK (BC) Stocks
📊 Brunswick Corporation (formerly the Brunswick-Balke-Collender Company), a global recreation-products manufacturer, was founded in 1845 and has its headquarters in Mettawa, a small village in Illinois in the United States.
📊 This American corporation has been developing, manufacturing and distributing an extensive range of products since its establishment in 1945. Originally founded by John Moses Brunswick as the J.M Brunswick Manufacturing Company, it manufactured carriages at first, before venturing into billiard-table manufacturing.
📊 These Brunswick billiard tables were an immediate success and the business was named J.M. Brunswick & Brother in 1860.
📊 The company then merged with Great Western Billiard Manufactory in 1874 to become the J.M. Brunswick & Balke Company. The Brunswick-Balke-Collender Company was formed through a partnership in 1884. The latter officially changed its name to the Brunswick Corporation in 1960.
📊 Today, Brunswick Corporation is a global manufacturer of marine (its primary segment), recreation and fitness products. Its fitness segment includes brands such as Life Fitness and Hammer Strength and comprises cross trainers, stair climbers, treadmills and stationary bicycles. The company employs about 60 people.
HISTORY OF BRUNSWICK
- Today, Brunswick Corporation is a market leader in the recreational market, and specifically in the marine industry. The company draws upon decades of experience to design, build and market innovative marine products. Its mission is to define the marine industry.
- The company is best known for its boating lifestyle brands such as Sea Ray, Mercury Marine, Harris Boats, Bayliner, Crestliner and Boston Whalers. In the 1970s Brunswick Corporation also ventured into the field of arms manufacture and development.
- Brunswick’s marine product portfolio includes marine engine products (such as outboard, sterndrive, inboard engine and propulsion systems), steering systems, instruments, controls, propellers, fuel systems, electrical systems, trolling motors, service parts and lubricants.
- It also supplies marine engine products for independent boat builders and governments through marine dealers and distributors. Brands include Mercury, Mercury MerCruiser, MotorGuide and Mercury Racing. Its boat brands also include Lund, Cypress Cay, Harris, Lowe, Princecraft and Thunder Jet.
VISION & VALUES OF BRUNSWICK
- Brunswick Corporation is fully committed to – and passionate about – redefining marine experiences for generations to come. By leveraging its expertise and passion for innovation, the company creates market-leading products for water enthusiasts.
- The company values innovation, integrity, vision and creativity.
- These values forms the basis of its operations, and, by staying true to its core principles, the company stimulates growth and gains the trust of clients and partners, as well as of its shareholders who purchase company shares.
- Brunswick improves and adds to the quality of its customers’ lives, and this connection is what the company is all about.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF BRUNSWICK
- Brunswick Corporation trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the stock symbol “BC”. The company is an S&P 400 component.
- For the first quarter 2019, Brunswick recorded consolidated net sales of US$ 1.275 million, an increase from US$ 1.211 million a year earlier.
- These solid figures were achieved despite the company’s exit from the sport-yacht market, which accounted for USS 15.1 in sales in the first quarter of 2018.
- This performance bodes well for shareholders who buy or sell company shares as they can expect solid dividends and returns.
LATEST NEWS BRUNSWICK
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy BRUNSWICK Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN BRUNSWICK STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE BRUNSWICK STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of BRUNSWICK stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy BRUNSWICK stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?