BUCKEYE PARTNERS L.P. (BPL) Stocks
ABOUT BUCKEYE PARTNERS L.P.
📊 Buckeye Partners L.P. owns and operates a diversified network of integrated assets and midstream logistic solutions around the globe. The company is one of the largest autonomous United States liquid petroleum pipeline operators.
📊 Its portfolio includes the transport, storage, and processing and advertising of liquid petroleum products and services. Buckeye owns more than 6 000 miles of pipeline.
📊 The company also operates and maintain third party pipelines and offers construction services as well as engineering services to customers. Its terminal network offers 115 liquid petroleum stations which have more than 118 million barrels’ capacity. These include inland and marine stations across the Caribbean, East Coast, Gulf Coast and the United States.
📊 The company also has more than 100 truck-loading stations. It supplies aviation fuel to the largest airports in New York City.
📊 Buckeye Partners, L.P is headquartered in Suite 600 of One Greenway Plaza, Houston, Texas.
HISTORY OF BUCKEYE PARTNERS L.P.
- In 1886 the Buckeye Pipe Line is founded as part of the Standard Oil Trust. It transports oil from Lima, Ohio fields to Standard’s refineries.
- In 1888 the company constructs pipelines from Lima to Chicago and other locations. Buckeye mergers with the New York Transit Company and Northern Pipe Line Company in 1967 and expands its portfolio considerably.
- In 1999 the company buys assets from a Texas energy company and creates Buckeye Gulf Coast Pipe Lines LLC.
- It buys 5 product pipelines totaling at 900 miles in 2004.
- In 2008 Buckeye Partners L.P. buys Farm Home and Oil, a gasoline and distillate distributor. In 2011 Buckeye buys 100 percent interest in Bahamas Oil Refining Company International.
- The company expands further in 2013 when it purchases 20 liquid petroleum products from Hess Corporation.
VISION & VALUES OF BUCKEYE PARTNERS L.P.
- Buckeye Partners L.P. is Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) responsible. The company uses its responsibilities to evaluate its corporate performance and also to define its sustainable, responsible, and ethical practices. The company’s values and ethics, decision making and commitment depends on these ethical practices.
- The company conserves energy and water, and reduce greenhouse emissions where possible. It contributes to the communities from which it operates and provide industry leading services to its customers. It is always on a lookout for net opportunities to create value to its shareholders, while keeping its employees and environment’s best interest at heart.
- The safety of its employees and contractors are very important and all safety measures are met.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF BUCKEYE PARTNERS L.P.
- Buckeye Partners L.P. trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the NYSE stock symbol “BPL”.
- Data analysis for the company’s quarterly period ending June 30, 2019 reports a total revenue of $ 791,702 thousand.
- Operating income is $ 137,593 thousand and net income is $ 90,515 thousand. Total assets are $ 8,491,158 thousand. Potential investors can buy shares now at an affordable price.
LATEST NEWS BUCKEYE PARTNERS L.P.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy BUCKEYE PARTNERS L.P. Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN BUCKEYE PARTNERS L.P. STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE BUCKEYE PARTNERS L.P. STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of BUCKEYE PARTNERS L.P. stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy BUCKEYE PARTNERS L.P. stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?