ABOUT BUNZL PLC
📊 Bunzl plc is a multinational distribution company. Its portfolio offers a wide selections of products such as food packaging, disposable tableware, guest amenities, food service disposables, safety items, cleaning and hygiene products, light and heavy catering equipment and napkins.
📊 These are offered to restaurants, caterers, hotels as well as food processors and packers across the United Kingdom, Europe, North America, Continental and internationally.
📊 Bunzl also supplies stationeries, counter-service packaging, first aid products, purchase displays, floor care items, janitorial products, hygiene papers, cleaning machines, personal protection equipment and numerous other products to convenience stores, organic food outlets, home improvement chains, e-commerce sales channels, healthcare sectors, industrial and construction markets etc.
📊 Bunzl plc is a constituent of the FTSE 100 Index. The company employs more than 17 600 employees and is headquartered in London, the United Kingdom.
OVERVIEW OF BUNZL PLC
- Bunzl plc is founded in 1854 by Moritz Bunzl in in Bratislava, Slovakia as a small haberdashery company.
- In 1883 the company moves to Vienna and enters the paper manufacturing industry. It now manufactures pulp, paper, plastics, cigarette filters, crêpe and tissue paper, building material and fibers during the next few years.
- In 1938 Bunzl moves to London. The company is incorporated in 1940. In 1957 the company lists on the London Stock Exchange.
- In 1981 the company expands to the United States when it buys several consumables distribution companies.
- In 1993 European consumables distribution companies are purchased and the company’s portfolio expand greatly. Bunzl’s fine paper distribution business is purchased in 2002.
- During 2005 the company starts focusing more on distributions when it demerges with its manufacturing business.
- Bunzl buys businesses in Brazil in 2008 and it provides the opportunity to expand through the rest of South America. It also expands to Norway, Peru, Chile, Turkey, Austria, Colombia, China and Argentina.
- By 2017 Bunzl’s revenue exceeds £ 8.58 billion and it operates in more than 30 countries.
VISION & VALUES OF BUNZL PLC
- Bunzl plc values its shareholders, customers and employees. The company’s vision is to create value and positive earnings for all parties involved.
- Business is conducted with trust, integrity and ethical standards. It takes its corporate responsibility very seriously and aims to provide a sustainable future.
- Bunzl is a member of the FTSE4Good Index and operates responsibly.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF BUNZL PLC
- Bunzl plc trades on the Financial Times Stock Exchange under the FTSE stock symbol “BNZL”.
- Data analysis for the company’s half yearly financial reports for the six months ending June 30, 2019 shows a revenue of £ 4,528.4 million, an increase of 4.3 percent.
- Adjusted operating profit is £ 302.7 million. Adjusted profit before income tax is £ 264.2 million, a 2.7 percent increase.
- Operating profit is £ 239.0 million. Basic earnings per share are 46.5p and interim dividends are 15.5p, a 2 percent increase. Potential investors can buy shares now at an affordable price.