BWX TECHNOLOGIES (BWXT) Stocks
ABOUT BWX TECHNOLOGIES
📊 BWX Technologies, Inc. is a power generation company. It designs and manufactures nuclear components and offers related services. The company’s portfolio offers naval nuclear reactors as well as nuclear fuel for the United States Government as well as environmental site rotation services and nuclear materials processing, commercial nuclear steam generators, reactor components, pressure vessels and auxiliary equipment to nuclear power businesses.
📊 BWX operates out of several segments – Nuclear Services Group, Nuclear Operations Group and Nuclear Power Group.
📊 BWX Technologies, Inc. is headquartered in Lynchburg, Virginia. The company has approximately 4 500 employees.
HISTORY OF BWX TECHNOLOGIES
- In 1867 Stephen Wilcox and George Babcock founds Babcock, Wilcox & Company (B&W). In 1881, the company’s boilers are used to power the first central electrical station in the United States. Thomas Edison’s Pearl Street Station in New York City is powered by four of the company’s boilers in 1882.
- A few years later the company’s boilers are used to power the first subway in New York City. To manufacture boilers for industrial applications, the company buys the Sterling Consolidated Boiler Company plant in Ohio.
- In 1907 B&W boilers power Teddy Roosevelt’s Great White Fleet. During the next few years the company starts providing materials and components for government and nuclear operations.
- In 1959 it manufactures a nuclear reactor for the world’s first merchant ship, the NS Savannah. B&W buys J. Ray McDermott & Co., Inc. in 1978.
- The company grows and by the 2000’s it expands its portfolio and enters the oxy-fuel technology markets. In 2007 the company is renamed The Babcock & Wilcox Company. It buys Marine Mechanical Corporation in Euclid, Ohio. A year later its subsidiary, Nuclear Fuel Services, Inc., is purchased in Erwin, Tennessee.
- In 2011 the company provides consulting services to recover a nuclear reactor in Fukushima, Japan.
- In 2016 BWX Technologies buys GE Hitachi Nuclear Energy Canada, Inc. during the 2018’s the company enters the medical isotope market with the purchase of Sotera Health’s Nordion.
VISION & VALUES OF BWX TECHNOLOGIES
- BWX Technologies, Inc.’ vision is to be the best in the industry by offering the highest quality products and services to its customers. BWX maintains high levels of timely delivery, safety and security, providing trust to its customers.
- The company values its people and treats everyone with respect and integrity. BWX is committed to employee safety and the security of valuable materials and information. Opportunities to create long term growth are created.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF BWX TECHNOLOGIES
- BWX Technologies, Inc. trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the NYSE stock symbol “BWXT”.
- Data analysis for the company’s quarterly period ended June 30, 2019 reports total assets of $ 1,756,480 thousand. Cash and cash equivalents are $ 34,444 thousand and net income is $ 59,000 thousand.
- Total costs and expenses are $ 397,558 thousand and cost of operations are $ 338,023 thousand. Revenues are $ 471,231 thousand. BWX Technologies, Inc. shares can be bought at a fair price.