C.H. ROBINSON WORLDWIDE (CHRW) Stocks
ABOUT C.H. ROBINSON WORLDWIDE
📊 C.H. Robinson Worldwide, Inc.is the largest third party transportation and logistics provider in the world. Its portfolio includes transportation and logistics, produce sourcing, information services and outsource solutions. Products and services are offered in North and South America, Asia, Europe and Oceania.
📊 The company offers access to 76 000 transportation providers across the globe. These include railroads, ocean carriers, air freight carriers and motor carriers. The company offers these to supply chains in the Automotive, Food & Beverage, Chemicals & Plastics, Healthcare, Manufacturing, Paper & Packaging, Professional Services,Government & Education Retail,Energy, Technology & Electronics as well as Transport & Warehouse markets.
📊 C.H. Robinson Worldwide, Inc. is headquartered in Eden Prairie, Minnesota and has more than 15 000 employees serving its 124 000 customers worldwide. It is an S&P 500 company.
You might also like: BROADRIDGE FINANCIAL SOLUTIONS STOCKS
HISTORY OF C.H. ROBINSON WORLDWIDE
- In 1905 C.H. Robinson Worldwide is founded and incorporated in North Dakota. It starts out as C.H. Robinson, a produce broker. In 1945 it enters the railway produce transportation market.
- In 1968 the company adds contract carrier to its portfolio and enters the regulated truck business. By 1976 it is a 100 percent employee owned company. C.H. Robinson buys a fuel card management company named T-Check Systems and can now enter the motor carrier market.
- The company expands to Europe with in 1993 when it enters a partnership with a motor carrier in France named Transesco.
- In 1997 the company is renamed to C.H. Robinson Worldwide, Inc. and starts trading publicly.
- A year later it buys transportation and freight companies Preferred Translocation Systems and Comexter. The company launches a website that enables customers to monitor shipments online with track and trace technology.
- In 1999 C.H. Robinson purchases France’s Norminter S.A. with offices in Germany, France, Spain and the United Kingdom.
- The 2000’s sees the company acquiring and expanding numerous businesses across the globe. In 2012 it introduces its proprietary single global platform named Navisphere.
VISION & VALUES OF C.H. ROBINSON WORLDWIDE
- C.H. Robinson Worldwide, Inc.values its shareholders and customers. The company is committed to the safety of its employees and environmental responsibility.
C.H.Robinson has won several awards during the years. In 2016 Inbound Logistics vote the company the #1 third party logistics company for the sixth consecutive year.
- The same year Star Tribune names C.H. Robinson on its list of Top 150 Workplaces and Evergreen Packaging awards it Carrier of the Year. Fortune names it one of the World’s Most Admired Companies in 2016 as well as 2017.
- The Atlanta Journal Constitution names the company one of the Top Workplaces in 2017.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF C.H. ROBINSON WORLDWIDE
- C.H. Robinson Worldwide, Inc.trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the NYSE stock symbol “CHRW”.
- Analysis data for the company’s quarterly period ending June 30, 2019 reports total assets of $4,684,109 thousand. Total revenues for the reported period are$3,908,840 thousand.
- Cash and cash equivalents are $355,307 thousand and net income is $169,180 thousand.C.H. Robinson Worldwide, Inc.pays quarterly dividends to its common shareholders.
You might also like: BOSTON PROPERTIES STOCKS
LATEST NEWS C.H. ROBINSON WORLDWIDE
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy C.H. ROBINSON WORLDWIDE Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN C.H. ROBINSON WORLDWIDE STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE C.H. ROBINSON WORLDWIDE STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of C.H. ROBINSON WORLDWIDE stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy C.H. ROBINSON WORLDWIDE stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : BORGWARNER STOCKS