CAMDEN PROPERTY TRUST (CPT) Stocks
ABOUT CAMDEN PROPERTY TRUST
📊 Camden Property Trust is a Real Estate Investment Trust (REIT) and one of the largest publicly traded companies. It focuses on the owning, management, development and redevelopment, purchasing and construction of apartment communities.
📊 The company’s portfolio includes more than 56 270 apartment homes located in 165 properties across the United States.
📊 Camden Property Trust is headquartered in Houston, Texas. The company employs approximately 1 600 people, serving approximately 90 000 customers across the United States.
HISTORY OF CAMDEN PROPERTY TRUST
- Richard Campo and Keith Oden buys a failing Houston condo business in 1981 and reorganizes it into a Real Estate Investment Trust.
- The company has its initial public offering in 1993 and starts trading publicly.
- In 1997 the company buys Paragon Group for a price of $ 615 million. It adds 17 000 apartment units to its portfolio. A year later the company buys Oasis Residential for a price of $ 542 million and $ 430 million for the assumption of debt.
- During 2011 Camden Property Trust buys eight Texas properties for a price of $ 261 million. A year later 80 percent interest in 12 communities are purchased for $ 99.5 million.
- In 2016 Camden sells its Nevada properties which consists of more than 4 900 apartment units. It buys property in Tampa for $ 58 million.
VISION & VALUES OF CAMDEN PROPERTY TRUST
- Camden Property Trust’s mission is to exceed the market expectations and offer the best homes to its customers. The company is committed its environment and communities. Camden operates environmentally responsible and it is constantly creating opportunities to reduce and conserve water and energy as well as enhance its waste management.
- Waste management programs, HVAC and LED lighting systems, irrigation systems and the installation of high efficiency appliances are just some of the green initiatives that the company focuses on.
- Properties either already have, or are in the process of getting LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) certifications. The company also contributes to its communities and non-profit organizations.
- In 2019 Camden appears on FORTUNE Magazine’s 100 Best Companies to Work For in America for the 12th time in a row. This year it ranks at #19. It is also named to Best Workplaces in Texas, Best Workplaces for Millennials and appears on Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work For.
- In 2018 PEOPLE names it on its list of Companies that Care and it is named to Best Workplaces for Women and Best Workplaces for Diversity.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF CAMDEN PROPERTY TRUST
- Camden Property Trust trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the NYSE stock symbol “CPT”.
- Data analysis for the company’s quarterly period ended June 30, 2019 reports total assets of $ 6,621,602 thousand. Cash and cash equivalents are $ 149,551 thousand and total property expenses are $ 91,227 thousand.
- Total non-property income $ 6,054 thousand and net income is $ 43,542 thousand.