CAMECO (CCJ) Stocks
📊 Cameco Corporation, a Canadian mining and energy company, was founded in 1988 and has its headquarters in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan. It is the world’s largest uranium producer and involved in the mining and processing of this metal ore to manufacture fuel rods. The company also owns a stake in four Canadian nuclear reactors owned by the Bruce Power Partnership. It also produces gold.
📊 Cameco (translating into the Canadian Mining and Energy Corporation) was established through the merger of two crown corporations: federally-owned Eldorado Nuclear Limited (formerly Eldorado Mining and Refining Limited) and the Saskatchewan Mining Development Corporation (SMDC).
📊 The provincial government initially owned a 62% stake in the new company and the federal government 38%. Over the next 11 years, government ownership gradually decreased until the company was privatized in 2002.
📊 The company’s principal subsidiaries include Centerra Gold Inc., UEM Inc., Cameco Bruce Holdings Inc., Cameco Bruce Holdings ll Inc. and Bruce Power Limited Partnership, LP.
📊 Today, the company employs approximately 5 800 people across its global operations.
HISTORY OF CAMECO
- Cameco Corporation is a vertically integrated uranium company. It produces one-fifth of the world’s uranium. Together with French-owned AREVA Group and Australian-owned Rio Tinto Group, the company controls 60% of the world’s uranium supply. It also holds a 52.7% interest in Canterra Gold Inc., the largest Western-based gold producer in the former Soviet Union and Asia.
- The company operates uranium mines in North America and Kazakhstan, including Cigar Lake, the world’s highest grade uranium mine and River-Key Lake, the world’s largest uranium producer. It operates uranium mines in Nebraska and Wyoming through its U.S. subsidiary, Cameco Resources Inc.
- Cameco Corporation’s tier-one operations in Canada and Kazakhstan have a licensed capacity to produce about 53 million pounds annually. The company holds approximately 467 million pounds of proven and probable reserves and extensive resources across three continents. Its exploration program include about 1.7 million acres of land, most of which are situated close to its operations.
VISION & VALUES OF CAMECO
- Cameco Corporation’s mission is to provide the world with the multiple benefits of nuclear energy. The company is guided by a set of core values in all its decisions and actions.
- These values include ensuring the safety and protection of its workforce and the communities in which it operates, as well as that of the environment. It is fully committed to keeping people safe and conducting its business with respect and care for the local and global environment.
- Cameco Corporation promotes a strong safety culture and manages risks to levels as low as reasonably achievable. It strives to prevent pollution in all of its operations and complies with legal and industry requirements.
- It appreciates and encourages the input of its employees, communities and stakeholders and actively works to add value for shareholders who purchase company shares.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF CAMECO
- Cameco Corporation trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the stock symbol “CCJ”. The company is an S&P/TXC 60 component.
- For fiscal 2018, the company recorded net earnings of US$ 166 million and adjusted net earnings of US$ 211 million. Gross profit was US$ 206 million.
- These financials affords shareholders the confidence to buy or sell company shares in the expectation of solid dividends and returns.
LATEST NEWS CAMECO
Buy CAMECO stocks / shares – 📈 A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase CAMECO Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy CAMECO Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN CAMECO STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE CAMECO STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of CAMECO stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy CAMECO stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?