CAMPBELL SOUP COMPANY (CPB) Stocks
ABOUT CAMPBELL SOUP COMPANY
📊 Campbell Soup Company is a food company that offers its services to 120 countries across the globe. Its product portfolio offers snacks and packaged fresh foods, high quality soup and meals as well as beverages. Well-known food brands such as Pepperidge Farm cookies, Snyder’s-Lance snacks,Plum premium organic baby food, Kettle Brand and Cape Cod potato chips and V8 beverages.
📊 The company’s main focus lies by its Campbell Meals and Beverages as well as Campbell Snacks are sold.
📊 Campbell Soup Company is headquartered in Camden, New Jersey. The company employs more than 18 000 employees across the globe. Campbell is an S&P 500 component.
HISTORY OF CAMPBELL SOUP COMPANY
- Joseph A. Campbell and Abraham Anderson founds the company in 1869. It produces canned goods such as soups, minced meat, condiments, tomatoes and vegetables. The Campbell soup brand becomes very popular. Anderson leaves the company in 1876 and Campbell names the company Joseph A. Campbell Preserve Company. In 1896 the company is structured as Joseph Campbell & Co.
- The company grows organically and starts trading publicly in the 1960’s. The company’s portfolio expands and adds chocolates, breads, cookies, pastas broths and gravies to its product line.
- Campbell Soup is re-branded in the United Kingdom and Ireland. It is named Batchelors Condensed Soup in the United Kingdom and Erin in Ireland. In 2006 Premiere Foods buys Campbell Soup Company in Ireland en the United Kingdom for a price of £450 million.
- Campbell Soup Company states its plans to buy Bolthouse Farms for a price of $1.55 billion. It would add juices and salad dressings to its portfolio. Kelsen Group, a multinational baked good company, is purchased in 2013. It has a distribution network of 85 countries. This creates opportunities for Campbell Soup to expand globally. In 2015 the company buys Garden Fresh Gourmet for a price of $231 million.
- The largest acquisition in the company’s history takes place in 2017 when Campbell Soup Company buys Pacific Foods of Oregon, LLC for a price of $700 million.
VISION & VALUES OF CAMPBELL SOUP COMPANY
- Campbell Soup Company’s goals is to source foods responsibly and enforce strict animal welfare practices to make certain ethical and sustainable practices are followed. The company is in the process of confiscating ozone-depleting refrigerators and reducing food waste.
- In 2017 Campbell Soup has donated more than $61 million across the globe to organizations. The company also contributes more than 15 billion food servings.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF CAMPBELL SOUP COMPANY
- Campbell Soup Company trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the NYSE stock symbol “CPB”.
- Data analysis for the company’s quarterly period ended April 28, 2019 reports total assets of $13,768 million.
- Total equity for the reported period is $1,237 million and net sales are $2,178 million. Total costs and expenses are $1,912 million. Dividends payable are$107 million.