CAMPBELL SOUP COMPANY (CPB) Stocks
ABOUT CAMPBELL SOUP COMPANY
📊 Campbell Soup Company is a food company that offers its services to 120 countries across the globe. Its product portfolio offers snacks and packaged fresh foods, high quality soup and meals as well as beverages. Well-known food brands such as Pepperidge Farm cookies, Snyder’s-Lance snacks,Plum premium organic baby food, Kettle Brand and Cape Cod potato chips and V8 beverages.
📊 The company’s main focus lies by its Campbell Meals and Beverages as well as Campbell Snacks are sold.
📊 Campbell Soup Company is headquartered in Camden, New Jersey. The company employs more than 18 000 employees across the globe. Campbell is an S&P 500 component.
You might also like: CADENCE DESIGN SYSTEMS STOCKS
HISTORY OF CAMPBELL SOUP COMPANY
- Joseph A. Campbell and Abraham Anderson founds the company in 1869. It produces canned goods such as soups, minced meat, condiments, tomatoes and vegetables. The Campbell soup brand becomes very popular. Anderson leaves the company in 1876 and Campbell names the company Joseph A. Campbell Preserve Company. In 1896 the company is structured as Joseph Campbell & Co.
- The company grows organically and starts trading publicly in the 1960’s. The company’s portfolio expands and adds chocolates, breads, cookies, pastas broths and gravies to its product line.
- Campbell Soup is re-branded in the United Kingdom and Ireland. It is named Batchelors Condensed Soup in the United Kingdom and Erin in Ireland. In 2006 Premiere Foods buys Campbell Soup Company in Ireland en the United Kingdom for a price of £450 million.
- Campbell Soup Company states its plans to buy Bolthouse Farms for a price of $1.55 billion. It would add juices and salad dressings to its portfolio. Kelsen Group, a multinational baked good company, is purchased in 2013. It has a distribution network of 85 countries. This creates opportunities for Campbell Soup to expand globally. In 2015 the company buys Garden Fresh Gourmet for a price of $231 million.
- The largest acquisition in the company’s history takes place in 2017 when Campbell Soup Company buys Pacific Foods of Oregon, LLC for a price of $700 million.
VISION & VALUES OF CAMPBELL SOUP COMPANY
- Campbell Soup Company’s goals is to source foods responsibly and enforce strict animal welfare practices to make certain ethical and sustainable practices are followed. The company is in the process of confiscating ozone-depleting refrigerators and reducing food waste.
- In 2017 Campbell Soup has donated more than $61 million across the globe to organizations. The company also contributes more than 15 billion food servings.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF CAMPBELL SOUP COMPANY
- Campbell Soup Company trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the NYSE stock symbol “CPB”.
- Data analysis for the company’s quarterly period ended April 28, 2019 reports total assets of $13,768 million.
- Total equity for the reported period is $1,237 million and net sales are $2,178 million. Total costs and expenses are $1,912 million. Dividends payable are$107 million.
You might also like: CABOT OIL AND GAS STOCKS
LATEST NEWS CAMPBELL SOUP COMPANY
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy CAMPBELL SOUP COMPANY Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN CAMPBELL SOUP COMPANY STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE CAMPBELL SOUP COMPANY STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of CAMPBELL SOUP COMPANY stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy CAMPBELL SOUP COMPANY stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : C.H. ROBINSON WORLDWIDE STOCKS