CANOPY GROWTH (CGC) Stocks
ABOUT CANOPY GROWTH
📊 Canopy Growth Corporation (formerly Tweed Marijuana Inc.) is a medical marijuana producer through its subsidiaries. Its brands represent specific market positions designed to attract various customers, strategic industry partners as well as doctors. Based on the value of all shares/market capitalization, it is the world’s largest cannabis company as of April 2019. At this point Constellation Brands Inc. controls more than 35% of the company.
📊 The company operates in Canada and internationally. It has a partnership agreement with Spanish pharma company Alcaliber S.A.; it owns a German subsidiary Spektrum Cannabis GmbH; and the company has a partnership with Spectrum Cannabis Denmark ApS. Canopy is also involved in businesses in Chile, Brazil, Jamaica and Australia.
📊 In 2018 it buys Annabis Medical in the Czech Republic as well as Daddy Cann Lesotho in southern Africa. In 2019 the company sets up a partnership with the Beckley Foundation in the UK.
📊 The company’s history dates back to 2013 when it was founded. It is headquartered in Smith Falls, Canada and today it has approximately 3 200 employees.
📊 Canopy Growth Corporation’s subsidiaries include Spectrum Therapeutics, Tweed Inc., Hiku Brands, Tweed Farms Inc., AgriNextUSA, Mettrum Health Corp. and Spot Therapeutics Inc.
You might also like: CHINA GREEN AGRICULTURE STOCKS
HISTORY OF CANOPY GROWTH
- Canopy Growth is the first publicly traded, federally regulated and licensed cannabis producer in North America. It trades on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the stock symbol “WEED”. In 2018 it starts trading on the New York Stock Exchange as the first cannabis producer.
- Marijuana becomes legal in Canada for recreational use in October 2018. Prior to this date cannabis was only legal for medical purposes. These growers were licensed by Health Canada under the regulations Cannabis for Medical Purposes. In 2016 Canopy Growth is described as “Canada’s first cannabis unicorn with a $ 1 billion dollar valuation” by the Financial Post news organization.
- The company is renamed to Canopy Growth Corporation in 2015. Specifically, CGC is the parent company of the licensed cannabis producers Tweed Farms Inc., Tweed Inc., Spectrum Cannabis., as well as newly acquired companies.
- In 2019 Tweed stores are operating in Newfoundland, Labrador, Manitoba and Saskatchewan. Canopy Growth stores operate in Ontario and Manitoba under the brand Tokyo Smoke. In 2018 beer, wine and spirits producer, Constellation Brands, invests an additional C$ 5 billion (US$ 3.8 billion) in Canopy Growth. This gives the company a 35% interest in Canopy – up from its previous 10%. The additional funds will be used for products such as cannabis infused beverages and sleep aids among others.
- The company’s market capitalization exceeds US$ 14 billion by October 2018.
VISION & VALUES OF CANOPY GROWTH
- Canopy Growth Corporation is committed to being a responsible member of the industry as well as in the communities where it operates. The company prides itself in investing and being the leader in solution creating when it comes to cannabis related issues.
- It commits itself to ensure education and responsible use of cannabis leads the cannabis conversation.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF CANOPY GROWTH
- Canopy Growth Corporation trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the NYSE stock symbol “CGC”. It is an S&P/TSX 60 component.
- In June 2019 the company reports its fourth quarter and fiscal 2019 results. Its annual net revenue grows 191% to $ 226.3 million.
- The company generated $ 140.5 million of gross revenue from the new Canadian recreational channel and $ 78.9 million in global medical sales.
You might also like: CULLEN/FROST BANKERS STOCKS
LATEST NEWS CANOPY GROWTH
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy CANOPY GROWTH Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN CANOPY GROWTH STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE CANOPY GROWTH STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of CANOPY GROWTH stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy CANOPY GROWTH stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : CYPRESS ENERGY PARTNERS STOCKS