CARDINAL HEALTH (CAH) Stocks
ABOUT CARDINAL HEALTH
📊 Cardinal Health, Inc., a multinational healthcare services company, was incorporated on May 16, 1979 and has its headquarters in Dublin, Ohio in the United States, as well as Dublin, Ireland (EMEA). The company distributes pharmaceuticals and medical products in more than 100 000 locations. It also manufactures medical and surgical products. The company runs the largest network of radio-pharmacies in the U.S. Cardinal Health, Inc. serves more than 75% of U.S. hospitals.
📊 Its history can be traced back to 1971 when Robert D. Walker founded the company as Cardinal Foods. After the acquisition of the Baily Drug Company in 1979, it began to distribute pharmaceuticals as Cardinal Distribution, Inc. The company changed its name to Cardinal Health in 1994. It is the third-largest pharmaceutical wholesaler in the U.S.
📊 The company went public on NASDAQ in 1983. After a number of acquisitions and mergers, the company sold its food operations to Roundy’s. Cardinal’s revenue began growing significantly to the extent that the company was described in Harvard Business Review as “one of a few large U.S. companies that had achieved earnings-per-share growth in excess of 20% for 15 years straight”.
📊 Today, the company employs approximately 50 000 people across its operations.
You might also like: CAPRI HOLDINGS LIMITED STOCKS
HISTORY OF CARDINAL HEALTH
- Cardinal Health, Inc. conducts its operations through two segments: Pharmaceutical and Medical. The company offers solutions for hospital systems, pharmacies, physician practices, ambulatory surgery centers and clinical laboratories. At the end of 2016, Cardinal’s product portfolio comprised 2.8 billion individual items distributed to about 25 000 pharmacies.
- The Pharmaceutical segment operates through the company’s Pharmaceutical Distribution division. The latter distributes branded and generic pharmaceutical, over-the-counter healthcare product to retailers, hospitals and other healthcare providers in the U.S. Services to pharmaceutical manufacturers comprise distribution, inventory management, data reporting and chargeback administration, to name but a few. This segment also provides pharmacy management, medication therapy management and patient-outcome services to hospitals and other healthcare providers.
- The company’s Specialty Solutions division provides branded, generic and specialty pharmaceutical, over-the-counter healthcare products, as well as logistics, marketing and other services. It also operates direct-to-patient specialty pharmacies through Cardinal Health China. The Medical segment provides a portfolio of national and Cardinal Health Brand medical, surgical and laboratory products and services to healthcare providers in the U.S., Canada and China.
VISION & VALUES OF CARDINAL HEALTH
- Cardinal Health, Inc. is fully committed to working with healthcare professionals to prevent infections and improve the health status of its customers. The company strives to make healthcare more efficient and offers products that enable healthcare workers to provide the best care for their patients.It is tenacious in fulfilling its commitments to customers.
- The company implements values such as accountability, respect, openness, inclusive and enthusiasm in its daily operations. This business ethos fosters trust and adds value for shareholders who purchase company shares.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF CARDINAL HEALTH
- Cardinal Health, Inc.trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the stock symbol “CAH”. The company is an S&P component.
- In 2018 the company recorded total revenue of US$136.80 billion and net income of US$256 million. Its total assets were valued at US$39.95 billion. This solid performance bodes well for shareholders as they can buy or sell company shares in the expectation of lucrative dividends and returns.
You might also like: CAMPBELL SOUP COMPANY STOCKS
LATEST NEWS CARDINAL HEALTH
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy CARDINAL HEALTH Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN CARDINAL HEALTH STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE CARDINAL HEALTH STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of CARDINAL HEALTH stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy CARDINAL HEALTH stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : CADENCE DESIGN SYSTEMS STOCKS