CARRIAGE SERVICES (CSV) Stocks
ABOUT CARRIAGE SERVICES
📊 Carriage Services, Inc. is a death care services company in the United States. It operates out of two different divisions. Its Funeral Home Operations division offers traditional burial services and cremation, removal of remains and consultations.
📊 Caskets and urns can also be bought. The company’s Cemetery Operation division offers interment services in grave sites, niches and mausoleums.
📊 The company’s portfolio consists of 210 businesses, 29 cemeteries in 11 states and 182 funeral homes in 29 states. Carriage provides cemetery and funeral services in rural as well as suburban areas. It also maintains funeral and cemetery trusts, preneed cemetery merchandise, perpetual trusts and other services.
📊 Carriage Services, Inc. is headquartered in Houston, Texas. The company employs nearly 1 100 people.
HISTORY OF CARRIAGE SERVICES
- In 1991 Carriage Services, Inc. is founded by Melvyn Payne and Mark Duffey. The company grows rapidly by buying local cemeteries and funeral homes. Sales are $1.8 million and in 1993 it exceeds $11.3 million. By 1996 the company operates 60 funeral homes in 13 states across the United States.
- In 1996 Carriage starts trading publicly. It sells 3.4 million shares in its initial public offering. The company uses the funds raised by its initial public offering and buys more businesses, expanding its portfolio greatly. In 1997 alone the company purchases 21 funeral homes for a combined price of $188 million.
- Carriage soon becomes the fifth largest publicly traded funeral services company in the country. It merges with Florida’s Forest Lawn/Evergreen Management Corporation, adding several cemeteries and funeral homes to its portfolio in the Florida area.
- Sales exceeds $77.4 million in 1997.
- In 1998 the company grows with 7 cemeteries and 48 funeral homes. It buys Sessions Group, Inc., providing the opportunity to host training programs.
- By 2000 Carriage is the fourth largest cemetery and funeral home company in the United States, operating nearly 40 cemeteries and 180 funeral homes in 30 states across the country. The next few years is a series of acquisitions and the company grows considerably.
VISION & VALUES OF CARRIAGE SERVICES
- Carriage Services, Inc. is committed to offering the best care with high ethical standards to its customers. It strives to be the most professional funeral and cemetery services company in the industry.
- Carriage follows strict guiding principles when conducting business. The company values honesty, quality and integrity. The company and its employees also values hard work and prides itself in its accomplishments and shared success.
- Carriage is driven by growth and offers long term value to its shareholders.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF CARRIAGE SERVICES
- Carriage Services, Inc. trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the NYSE stock symbol “CSV”.
- Data analysis for the company’s quarterly period ending June 30, 2019 reports total assets of $ 917,502 thousand and a revenue of $ 47,022 thousand.
- Cash and cash equivalents are $ 644 thousand. Gross profit is $ 16,825 thousand and net income is $ 2,747 thousand.