CBS (CBS) Stocks
📊 CBS Corporation (Class B) is an American multimedia company that operates television production, broadcasting and publishing businesses. It has two common stock classes: Class A, which is voting stock and Class B, which is non-voting stock.
📊 CBS Corporation operates commercial radio and television stations, produces and syndicates television programs, provides online content, provides outdoor advertising and publishes books. It mainly operates in the United States and Australia.
📊 The company operates under the following divisions: CBS Entertainment, CBS Cable Networks, CBS Publishing, CBS Local Media and CBS Experiences.
CBS is one of two companies which succeeded the original Viacom – the other is Viacom as it is today. National Amusements (with its 80% voting power) controls both companies. The company was formed as the legal successor to the original Viacom.
📊 The new Viacom is an entirely new company. CBS is the eighth largest entertainment company in the world in terms of revenue. In August 2019 a second merger between CBS Corporation and Viacom is announced. This will create ViacomCBS. It is expected that this merger will be completed by late 2019.
📊 The company’s history dates back to 2006 when it was formed. It is headquartered in Midtown Manhattan, New York City. Today it has approximately 13 000 employees.
📊 Its subsidiaries include CBS, CBS Interactive, CBS Records, CBS Sports Network, CBS Television Distribution, CBS Television Studios, CBS Films, Westinghouse Licensing and Showtime Networks.
HISTORY OF CBS
- The Viacom board of directors approved the company’s split into two companies in June 2005. CBS Corporation will include CBS, Infinity Broadcasting, UPN, Showtime Networks, Paramount’s television studio and Viacom Outdoor.
- The two new companies start trading on the NYSE in January 2006. In the same year Viacom drops around 20% while CBS rises with 9%. In the same year CBS Corporation becomes the owner of Paramount Parks theme park.
- CBS and DIC Entertainment also sign a multi-year deal in 2006 – with DIC buying the Saturday morning airtime known as “CBS’s Saturday Morning Secret Slumber Party”.
- In another deal in the same year CBS Corporation and Warner Bros. create a new broadcast network, The CW. It officially airs in September 2006. CBS and Time Warner each own 50% of this network. CBS sells Paramount Parks to the Cedar Fair Entertainment Company in May 2006 – the transactions’ value is $ 1.24 billion.
- In August 2017 CBS buys Australian broadcaster Network Ten.
- In November 2017 CBS Corporations sells CBS Radio to Entercom. CBS Corporation ranks #197 on the Fortune 500 list of the “largest U.S. corporation by revenue” in 2018.
VISION & VALUES OF CBS
- CBS Corporation is committed to producing socially responsible and diverse content. It has an ongoing commitment to serve the public, using its platforms to make the public aware of issues vital to society.
- One of the company’s core values is to operate its business with sustainability in mind. Its campaign “Eye on the Environment” conserves resources and reduces CO2 emissions among others.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF CBS
- CBS Corporation Class B trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the NYSE stock symbol “CBS”. It is an S&P 500 component.
- In 2018 the company’s revenue is $ 14.514 billion. Its second quarter 2019 results report the best ever second quarter results in revenues – increasing 10% to $ 3.81 billion, from $ 3.47 billion for the same period in 2018.
LATEST NEWS CBS
Buy CBS stocks / shares – 📈 A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase CBS Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy CBS Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN CBS STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE CBS STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of CBS stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy CBS stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?