CEDAR FAIR (FUN) Stocks
ABOUT CEDAR FAIR
📊 Cedar Fair, L.P. is an operational regional amusement park company. Its portfolio includes one indoor and four outdoor water parks, twelve amusement parks, resorts, recreational properties as well as five hotels across 48 states in Canada and the United States.
📊 The company’s parks serves approximately 26 million people every year. Some of its most popular parks include California’s Great America, Kings Island, Knott’s Berry Farm, Kings Dominion, Worlds of Fun, Cedar Point, Michigan’s Adventure and Dorney Park & Wildwater Kingdom.
📊 Cedar Fair, L.P.’s headquarters is located in in Sandusky, Ohio. The company employs nearly 2 300 people in its parks and offices.
HISTORY OF CEDAR FAIR
- In 1870 a recreational area opens with the name Cedar Point. Cedar Point buys Valleyfair in 1978.
- The company’s name changes to Cedar Fair in 1983 and starts trading publicly in 1987. In 1992 the company buys Dorney Park and a few years later Worlds of Fun is purchased. One of Cedar’s largest acquisitions takes place in 1997 when its buys Knott’s Berry Farm which includes the Mall of America in Bloomington’s indoor park, Camp Snoop. It becomes the company’s first year-round amusement park.
- In 2001 the company buys Michigan’s Adventure in Muskegon for a price of $ 27.6 million.
- In 2004 its first indoor water park, Castaway Bay, opens.
- During the next few years Cedar Fair expands greatly with the purchase of Six Flags World of Adventure, for a price of $ 145 million, and the Paramount Parks chain from CBS Corporation, which includes Star Trek: The Experience, for a price of $1.24 billion.
VISION & VALUES OF CEDAR FAIR
- Cedar Fair, L.P. values its customers, employees and shareholders. For more than 30 consecutive years, the company has paid cash distributions to its shareholder valued at more than $ 2.6 billion. The company’s significant free cash flow generation ensures growing payments, allowing the company to create significant value to its shareholders.
- FUN is a very serious matter to Cedar Fair and its mission is to create fun and leaving positive and lasting memories for all its customers.
- The company offers quality entertainment and its Kings Island has been the only recipient of the Golden Ticket Award for BEST KIDS’ AREA in the world from Amusement Today. Opportunities are created to always increase positive experiences that is unmatched by others in the industry.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF CEDAR FAIR
- Cedar Fair, L.P. trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the NYSE stock symbol “FUN.”
- Data analysis for the company’s quarterly period ending June 30, 2019 reports assets of $ 2,532,806 thousand. Cash and cash equivalents are $ 324,742 thousand and operating expenses are $ 177,771 thousand. Net revenues are $ 436,190 thousand and net income is $ 63,297 thousand.
- Cedar Fair pays dividends on its common stock.