CELGENE (CELG) Stocks
📊 Celgene Corporation, an American biotechnology company, was founded in 1986 and is headquartered in Summit, New Jersey. The company is incorporated in Delaware. Originally, Celgene formed part of the Celanese Corporation, but was spun off in 1986 after the merger of Celanese Corporation with American Hoechst Corporation.
📊 Celgene, together with its subsidiaries, discovers, develops and commercializes medications for cancer and inflammatory disorders through solutions in protein homeostasis, immune-oncology, epigenetics, immunology and neuro-inflammation.
📊 The company collaborates with relevant medical and academic institutions, government agencies and regulators, patient advocacy groups, as well as investors and other biopharmaceutical companies to develop innovative new therapies. It also invests in patient access to treatment, and support groups for patients and their families.
📊 The company’s compounds are being utilized in more than 300 clinical trials at major medical centres. Compounds are being tested in patients with incurable hematological and solid-tumor cancers such as multiple myeloma, chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL), non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma (NHL), triple-negative breast cancer and pancreatic cancer.
📊 The company has received numerous awards for their achievements over the years, such as “Global 2000 Growth Champions 2018” by Forbes, “World’s Most Reputable Pharmaceutical Companies 2018” by Business Insider, and “Most Respected American Companies 2018” by Barron’s, to name but three.
You might also like: EOG RESOURCES STOCKS
OVERVIEW OF CELGENE
- Celgene Corporation’s primary focus is on patients. It offers industry-leading programs that provide information, support and access to an extensive range of innovative therapies.
- Through its unique perspective, the company is able to offer patients options that can enhance their quality of life. A case in point is the introduction of thalidomide to the market, aimed at patients with serious rare diseases who have few treatment choices. Celgene managed to transform this maligned drug into new hope for these patients.
- The company’s prime product is Revlimid, in combination with dexamethasone, for the treatment of multiple myeloma, as well as transfusion-dependent anemia (approved in the U.S.) Revlimid is available through proprietary risk-management distribution programmes to ensure its safe use.
- Some of its other innovative products include Pomalyst/Imnovid (for multiple myeloma); Oteleza (for psoriatic arthritis and psoriasis); Abraxane (for breast cancer, lung cancer, pancreatic cancer and gastric cancer); Vidaza ( for MDS); Thalomid (for multiple myeloma and erythema nodosum leprosum), and Istodax (for cutaneous T-cell lymphoma and peripheral T-cell lymphoma).
- Celgene Corporation is committed to growing a major global biopharmaceutical corporation through the discovery, development and commercialization of medicines for the treatment of cancer and a range of severe conditions.
VALUES OF CELGENE
- Celgene Corporation is deeply committed to improving the lives of patients worldwide. It continuously seeks to deliver truly innovative and life-changing drugs for patients.
- The company is passionate about its patients, and strives to deliver only the best in treatments which can enhance life quality and life expectancy. It is courageous enough to face the unknown and take on any challenge. It strives for excellence in delivering only the best results.
- The company acts with integrity and treats everybody with respect – its workforce, clients and shareholders. It embraces diversity and inclusion and creates opportunities for its employs to develop and excel.
- It also believes in open dialogue and communication and is accountable and responsible in its daily operations.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF CELGENE
- Celgene Corporation trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the stock symbol “CELG”.
- In 2017, the company reported earnings of US$2.539 billion with revenue of US$13.003 billion, an increase of 15.8% over the previous fiscal cycle. Its market capitalization in November 2018 was valued at more than US$51.8 billion.
- Shareholders, who buy or sell company shares, can therefore expect solid dividends and returns.
You might also like: EMERSON ELECTRIC STOCKS
LATEST NEWS CELGENE
Buy CELGENE stocks / shares – 📈 A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase CELGENE Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy CELGENE Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN CELGENE STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE CELGENE STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of CELGENE stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy CELGENE stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : EDWARDS LIFESCIENCES STOCKS