CGI (GIB) Stocks
📊 CGI Inc. is a Canadian information technology services company. The company’s portfolio includes business consulting, IT outsourcing, application, system integration, infrastructure and business process services. It serves life science, health care, manufacturing, insurance, communication as well as oil and gas sectors across the globe. CGI Inc.’s clients also include state, provincial and local government, private entities as well as various government departments that deal with health, public safety, tax, defense, space, intelligence, revenue, human services and collections.
📊 As of 2015 the U.S. made up 29% of the company’s client base and Canada the second highest at 15%. Most of the company’s remaining contracts are based in Europe and 15% are based throughout the rest of the world.
📊 The company’s primary listing is on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX: GIB.A) and it is an S&P/TSX60 component. CGI’s secondary listing is on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: GIB). As of March 2015, 42% of the company’s revenue has been made through various government contracts.
📊 CGI Inc. initially focuses on IT consulting and in time starts branching into software development, outsourcing and systems integration among others. Services on offer include Application services, Business consulting, IT outsourcing services, Systems integration services, Infrastructure services and Business process services.
📊 The company’s history dates back to 1976 when it was founded. It is headquartered in Montreal, Canada and today it has approximately 77 000 employees. The company is based in 40 countries and has approximately 400 offices.
📊 CGI Inc.’s subsidiaries include Logica, Acando, Summa Technologies, Inc., Paragon Solutions Inc., Computer Technology Solutions, Inc., Annams Systems, CGI Norge AS and Codesic, Inc.
HISTORY OF CGI
- In 1976 the IT consulting firm CGI is founded. (CGI originally standing for “Conseillers en gestion et informatique” translated to “Consultants in management and information technology”).
- It branches into new markets and in 1986 the company goes public with its primary listing on the Toronto Stock Exchange.
- In 1998 CGI buys Bell Sygma and in 2001 it buys IMRGLobal for the price of $ 438 million.
- Three years later it buys American Management Systems (AMS) for $ 858 million. This acquisition leads to the forming of the CGI Federal division – which buys Stanley, Inc. in 2010 for $ 1.07 billion. CGI buys Logica in 2012 for $ 2.7 billion Canadian.
- This acquisition makes CGI the biggest tech company in Canada and the fifth-largest independent business processes and IT services provider in the world. CGI ranks #955 on the Forbes Global 2000 in 2016.
- In 2019 CGI Inc. is awarded a $ 222.9 million contract to develop an electronic Procurement System for the U.S. Navy and Marine Corps.
VISION & VALUES OF CGI
- CGI Inc. values its corporate social responsibility and the company culture is one of giving. It strategically manages its resources to best benefit its clients, shareholders, communities and the environment.
- The company protects the environment with responsible operating practices and delivers various energy and environmental solutions for its clients.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF CGI
- CGI Inc. trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the NYSE stock symbol “GIB”.
- In 2018 the company’s revenue is C$ 11.5 billion and operating income is C$ 1.7 billion. Net income is C$ 1.1 billion. The company’s total assets are C$ 11.9 billion and total equity is C$ 6.7 billion.