CHEETAH MOBILE (CMCM) Stocks
ABOUT CHEETAH MOBILE
📊 Cheetah Mobile Inc. (猎豹移动公司) is a leading Chinese mobile internet company that develops mobile and internet enhancement applications and software. It develops and operates internet security, power optimization, an internet browser, mobile games, photo collage applications and memory saving power optimization.
📊 The company has more than 634 million active monthly users of its mobile utility products such as Cheetah Keyboard, Clean Master, live streaming product LiveMe and games such as Piano Tiles 2. It offers its customers, which include mobile advertising networks and direct advertisers, placement of their advertisements with direct access to global promotional channels and highly targeted mobile users.
📊 Value added services such as the sales of in-app virtual items on selected mobile products and games are also on offer to its customers. Cheetah Mobile Inc. is listed on the New York Stock Exchange in 2014.
📊 The company’s history dates back to 2010 when it was founded. It is headquartered in Beijing, China and today it has approximately 1 200 employees.
HISTORY OF CHEETAH MOBILE
- Cheetah Mobile Inc. is established in 2010 as the result of a merger between Kingsoft Security and Conew Image. According to iResearch it is now the second largest internet security software provider in China.
- In 2014 the company launches an IPO selling 12 million American Depositary Shares at US$ 14 per share, raising US$ 168 million. Morgan Stanley, JP Morgan Chase & Co. and Credit Suisse Group manages the IPO. The company’s major investors are Kingsoft and Tencent, holding 54% and 18% respectively.
- In 2015 Cheetah Mobile Inc. enters into a global strategic partnership with Yahoo. It incorporates Yahoo’s search and native advertising platforms within its own apps – resulting in a 30% daily increase in its revenue generated from Yahoo in the first two weeks. A year later Cheetah Mobile and Cubot launch the Android 6.0 Marshmallow based smartphone, the CheetahPhone. In the same year Cheetah Mobile buys the French news aggregator, News Republic, for the price of $ 57 million.
- Cheetah Mobile Inc.’s products include Clean Master for PC, CM Browser, Big Bang 2048, Just Get 10, Rolling Sky, Tap Tap Dash, Armorfly, Cloud Space of CM Security, Security Master, CM Transfer and Photo Grid.
- In 2014 the company wins the Outstanding Company and Science & Technology Award of the Shijingshan District. Cheetah Mobile wins the ‘TOP30 Innovative Big Data Promotion Award’ at ‘Party of Chuangke’ – hosted by Mobile Video, CLUB and China Newsweek- in 2016.
- In 2019 the company is elected as the Vice Director Unit of the AI Industry Innovation Alliance.
VISION & VALUES OF CHEETAH MOBILE
- Cheetah Mobile Inc.’s mission is to make the world a smarter place by using technology to improve people’s lives. Its culture is to build mutual trust and create a win-win situation with its customers.
- The company offers its employees various benefits such as sports competitions which is part of team building and cultural events to bring people together after working hours. It prides itself in being the most Silicon Valley style internet company in the East.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF CHEETAH MOBILE
- Cheetah Mobile Inc. trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the NYSE stock symbol “CMCM”.
- In 2017 the company’s revenue is US$ 764.6 million, operating income is US$ 68.6 million and net income is US$ 207.2 million. Cheetah Mobile’s second quarter 2019 unaudited consolidated financial results report total revenues of RMB 970.1 million (US$ 141.3 million).
LATEST NEWS CHEETAH MOBILE
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy CHEETAH MOBILE Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN CHEETAH MOBILE STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE CHEETAH MOBILE STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of CHEETAH MOBILE stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy CHEETAH MOBILE stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?