CHEGG (CHGG) Stocks
📊 Chegg, Inc. is an American online education technology company. It offers students throughout the United States help with their homework, note taking, course selection as well as textbook and manual rentals.
📊 The company’s focus is on students who attend high school and colleges within the U.S. Its student first, on demand, interconnected learning platform is personalized, adaptive and backed up by a human network to assist.
📊 “Chegg” is the portmanteau of the words chicken and egg. This is based on the founders’ experience that after graduating from college they could not find jobs without having experience – but also could not get the experience without having a job.
📊 The company’s history dates back to 2001 when it was founded. It is headquartered in Santa Clara, California and today it has approximately 900 employees.
📊 Its subsidiaries include Chegg Tutors, Imagine Easy Solutions, LLC, StudyBlue, Notehall, Campus Special, Cramster, Inc. and Bookstep LLC.
You might also like: CHAPARRAL ENERGY STOCKS
HISTORY OF CHEGG
- In 2001 the company starts as CheggPost – a site where students can post about sports materials, books and furniture that are available. In 2003 the site is launched to a wider, national audience.
- The company is rebranded as Chegg in 2007 and starts focussing only on the renting and purchasing of textbooks. By the end of 2008 the company raises $ 25 million in venture capital. By 2011 Chegg, Inc. is renting out more than 4 million textbooks every year.
- In 2013 the company starts trading on the New York Stock Exchange. The San Jose Business Times reports that the IPO raised $ 187.5 million with an initial market cap of approximately $ 1.1 billion.
- The company’s first acquisition is CourseRank, a service allowing students to plan, review and discuss grade distribution of courses, in 2010. The company disables the service in 2014.
- In 2010 the company also buys Cramster and Notehall. The next year it buys Zinch, a service that matches high school students to different college recruiters. Chegg, Inc. buys online tutoring service, InstaEDU Inc., for $ 30 million in 2014.
- The company buys Easy Solutions for a reported $ 42 million in 2016 and Cogeon GmbH in 2017 for $ 15 million in cash.
- In 2018 it buys WriteLab from Matthew Ramirez for $ 15 million.
VISION & VALUES OF CHEGG
- Chegg, Inc. transforms the way millions of students learn by reconnecting the link between learning and earning. This is done through services and tools to support students.
- The company’s mission is to help students save time and money while getting smarter so that there is an overall return on investment in education.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF CHEGG
- Chegg, Inc. trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the NYSE stock symbol “CHGG”. It is a Russell 2000 Component.
- In 2017 the company’s revenue is $ 255.1 million, In July 2019 the company reports a record 2.23 million subscribers for its second quarter in its second quarter 2019 financial results. It reports total net revenues of $ 93.9 million, an increase of 26% year-over-year.
- Chegg Services Revenues grows 30% year-over-year to $ 80.3 million, or 86% of total net revenues, compared to 83% in the same period 2018. Net loss is reported as $ 2.0 million.
- The company’s non-GAAP Net Income is $ 29.8 million.
You might also like: CANOPY GROWTH STOCKS
LATEST NEWS CHEGG
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy CHEGG Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN CHEGG STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE CHEGG STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of CHEGG stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy CHEGG stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : CHINA GREEN AGRICULTURE STOCKS