CHESAPEAKE ENERGY (CHK) Stocks
ABOUT CHESAPEAKE ENERGY
📊 Chesapeake Energy Corporation, a hydrocarbon exploration company was founded in 1989 and has its headquarters in Oklahoma City in the United States. The company acquires, explores and develops properties for the production of oil, natural gas and natural gas liquids (NGLs) from underground reservoirs in the U.S.
📊 The company was established by Aubrey McClendon and Tom L. Ward through an initial investment of US$ 50 000. Its name was derived from McClendon’s love of the Chesapeake Bay Region. Ward left the company in 2006.
📊 Chesapeake Energy Corporation went public in 1993. The company’s strategy comprises the drilling of horizontal natural gas wells in unconventional reservoirs. It enjoys a sizable position in the Golden Trend and Sholem Alechem fields of South-central Oklahoma and in the Giddings field of Southeast Texas.
You might also like: CHOICE HOTELS INTERNATIONAL STOCKS
HISTORY OF CHESAPEAKE ENERGY
- Chesapeake Energy Corporation’s portfolio includes high-quality unconventional gas assets in top natural gas resource plays in the U.S. They are: Marcellus in the Northern Appalachian Basin in Pennsylvania; Eagle Ford IN South Texas; Brazos Valley in Southeast Texas, Powder River Basin in Wyoming; Haynesville in north-western Oklahoma and Mid-Continent in the Anadarko Basin of north-western Oklahoma.
- As of the end of 2018, the company owned interest in about 13 200 oil and natural gas wells and had estimated proved reserves of 1.448 million barrels of oil equivalent.
- Chesapeake follows a strategy that focuses on continuously generating capital efficiencies and operating with low, industry-leading production costs. It also follows a disciplined approach to liquidity.
- The company recently acquired Texas oil producer WildHorse Resource Development for US$ 4 billion in cash and stock.
- Chesapeake Energy Corporation is ranked 314th on the Fortune 500.
VISION & VALUES OF CHESAPEAKE ENERGY
- Chesapeake Energy Corporation’s core values form the foundation for the company’s success and serve as the lens through which the company evaluates all business decisions. Through commitment to these values, the company enables its growth and add value for shareholders who purchase company shares.
- These values include integrity, trust, respect, open communication and accountability. The company protects its employees, stakeholders and the environment. It also appreciates diversity and encourages the sharing of different opinions.
- The company further takes pride in being a steward of its corporate resources.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF CHESAPEAKE ENERGY
- Chesapeake Energy Corporation trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the stock symbol “CHK”.
- The company is an S&P 400 component. For fiscal 2018, the company recorded revenue of US$ 10.231 billion and net income of US$ 775 million. Its total assets were valued at US$ 10.047 billion.
- For the first quarter of 2019, the company delivered record oil production of 122,000bbls of oil per day, a year-over-year increase of 36%.
- This solid performance affords shareholders who buy or sell company shares the confidence to do so in the expectation of sound dividends and returns.
You might also like: CHEGG STOCKS
LATEST NEWS CHESAPEAKE ENERGY
Buy CHESAPEAKE ENERGY stocks / shares – 📈 A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase CHESAPEAKE ENERGY Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy CHESAPEAKE ENERGY Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN CHESAPEAKE ENERGY STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE CHESAPEAKE ENERGY STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of CHESAPEAKE ENERGY stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy CHESAPEAKE ENERGY stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : CHAPARRAL ENERGY STOCKS