CHUBB (CB) Stocks
📊 Chubb Limited is the world’s largest publicly traded P & C insurance company and also the largest commercial insurer in the United States.
📊 The company provides personal and commercial property as well as casualty insurance. Other products include supplemental health, personal accident, reinsurance and life insurance. As an underwriting company Chubb assesses, assumes and manages risk with insight and discipline – paying claims fairly and promptly. It services multinational corporations, small and mid-size businesses with casualty and property insurance as well as risk engineering services.
📊 Other clients include affluent and high net worth individuals who have substantial assets that must be protected, homeowners, automobile and specialty personal insurance coverage and many more. In 2018 Chubb has written more than $167 billion in assets and $38 billion of gross premiums. The company’s core operating insurance companies continue maintaining financial strength ratings of AA from Standard % Poor’s as well as A++ from A.M. Best.
📊 Chubb Limited is the parent company of Chubb. It is a component of the S & P 500 Index. In 2019 it operates in 54 countries and territories. The company’s headquarters is in Zurich, Switzerland and it maintains executive offices in New York, London, Paris and other locations.
📊 The company’s history dates back to 2016 when it was founded. Today Chubb Limited employs more than 30 000 people across the world. Chubb Limited’s subsidiaries include ACE Group Holdings Inc., ACE Financial Services Inc., ACE Westchester Speciality Group, Perdana Cigna Insurance Bhd and ACE Global Financial Solutions.
You might also like: CHARTER COMMUNICATIONS STOCKS
OVERVIEW OF CHUBB
- Thomas Caldecot Chubb starts a marine underwriting business with his son Percy in New York City in 1882. They focus on insuring ships and cargoes. In 1967 the Chubb Corporation is incorporated and in 1984 it is listed on the New York Stock Exchange.
- In 1985 ACE Limited is established by a group of 34 United States companies looking for Excess Liability and Directors and Officers (D&O) insurance coverage that is difficult to obtain. The company assumes management of Corporate Officer and Directors Assurance Limited (CODA) in 1987.
- In 1993 Ace Limited is listed on the New York Stock Exchange. During the next few years ACE goes through numerous acquisitions and a diversification process bringing the ACE Group of Companies global status.
- One of their acquisitions in 1999 is the Cigna Corporation – most significantly the Insurance Company of North America (INA) – which they buy for $3.45 billion. Chubb is named the Readers’ Choice winner as “Best Admitted Property/Casualty Insurance Company” by Business Insurance in 2007.
- In 2010 it is number 5 on Chicago Business “Best Places to Work” list. In 2015 ACE announces that it is buying Chubb Corporation for $28.3 billion – in ACE stock as well as cash. The new company is to be based in Zurich where ACE Limited’s headquarters is.
- The new combined company adopts the Chubb name and the deal is closed in 2016.
VALUES OF CHUBB
- Chubb Limited’s values are integrity, client focus, respect, excellence and teamwork. The company is committed to being a global leader in reinsurance and insurance by providing superior client, shareholder and employee value.
- The company recognizes its responsibility to provide solutions helping clients manage environmental risks and to reduce its own environmental impact by making meaningful contributions to environmental causes.
- Sustainability and preservation is a high priority for the company and therefore it integrates environmentalism into many aspects of its business – from products and services to everyday operations as well as in its philanthropic commitments.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF CHUBB
- Chubb Limited trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the NYSE Stock Symbol “CB”.
- The company’s Net Income for the year ended 31 December 2018, is $3.962 million compared to $3.861 million for 2017.
- Its core operating income is $4.407 million compared to $3.784 million in 2017.
You might also like: CHARLES SCHWAB STOCKS
LATEST NEWS CHUBB
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy CHUBB Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN CHUBB STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE CHUBB STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of CHUBB stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy CHUBB stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : CELGENE STOCKS