CISCO SYSTEMS (CSCO) Stocks
ABOUT CISCO SYSTEMS
📊 Cisco Systems, Inc., a multinational technology conglomerate, was founded in 1984, and has its headquarters in Silicon Valley in San Jose, California, in the United States. The company designs, manufactures and markets networking hardware, telecommunications equipment and a range of other technology products.
📊 Cisco Systems, Inc. was founded by two Stanford University computer scientists – Leonard Bosack and Sandy Lerner – who pioneered the concept of a local area network (LAN) that connects geographically disparate computers through a multiprotocol router system. The company went public in 1990 and, by then, it already had market capitalization of US$224 million.
📊 Cisco received the 2003/4 Ron Brown Award, a U.S presidential honor that recognizes companies for the exemplary quality of their relationships with employees and communities. According to a report by LexInnova, a technology consulting firm, Cisco was one of the leading recipients of network security-related patents in 2015 (6 6442 patents).
📊 Cisco conducts its operations in three geographic segments: the Americas; Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA); and Asia Pacific, Japan and China (APJC). Apart from its wide range of products and technologies, Cisco also provides technical support- and advanced services.
📊 The company operates through a number of subsidiaries such as WebEx, Jabber and Jasper and OpenDNS. Cisco focuses on specific tech markets such as Internet of Things (IoT), domain security and energy management. The company is included in the S&P500 Index, the Russell 1000 Index, the NASDAQ-100 index and the Russel 1000 Growth Stock Index. It was also added to the Dow Jones Industrial Average in 2009. Today, the company employs approximately 74 00 people at its operations worldwide.
You might also like: CHEVRON STOCKS
OVERVIEW OF CISCO SYSTEMS
- Cisco Systems, Inc. operates in three market segments, namely enterprise, service provider, and midsize and small business. It provides IT services and services in five major technology areas: Networking, Security, Collaboration, Data Centre, and the Internet of Things (IoT).
- The company has made huge strides in the Asia-Pacific region over the past three decades, and is also a dominant supplier to the Australian market. It headquarters for this region is based in Australia. Cisco also invested about US$10 million towards job creation and technology development in the Palestinian Territories, in cooperation with the Palestinian authorities. Its Ramallah-based Exalt Technologies is responsible for the software development that the company outsources to these territories.
- Cisco’s infrastructure platforms comprise switching-, routing, data-centre- and wireless portfolios. The switching portfolio includes campus switching- and data-centre switching offerings. Its routing portfolio interconnects public and private wireline and mobile networks. The data centre portfolio incorporates a range of technologies and solutions such as the Cisco Unified Computing System (Cisco UCS) and other software management capabilities.
- The wireless portfolio offers in- and outdoor wireless coverage designed for seamless roaming. Some of the company’s products, such as IP phones and Telepresence, have features in movies and TV series such as the documentary film Something Ventured, to name but one.
VALUES OF CISCO SYSTEMS
- Cisco Systems, Inc. is committed to technology innovation that connects the whole world. It strives, through giving its time and knowledge, to create positive experiences that improves the world we live in.
- It values in-depth customer relationships and delivers cutting-edge solutions. Its innovative leadership practices are based on courage to take calculated risks, and the pursuit excellence in its operations.
- By working smartly and anticipating market transitions, the company strives to provide value for its shareholders. Its interactions are based on respect for one another and positive collaborations. The company celebrates diversity, and encourages participation and innovative thinking.
- It believes in being accountable and transparent in all of its operations, and that trust and respect are earned.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF CISCO SYSTEMS
- Cisco Systems, Inc. trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the ticker symbol “CSCO”.
- The company’s solid financials afford shareholders the confidence to buy and sell company stock in the expectation of solid dividends and returns on their investment. In 2018, Cisco reported revenue of US$49.33 billion and net income of US$110 million. Its total assets were valued at US$108.78 billion.
You might also like: BROADCOM STOCKS
LATEST NEWS CISCO SYSTEMS
Buy CISCO SYSTEMS stocks / shares – 📈 A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase CISCO SYSTEMS Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy CISCO SYSTEMS Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN CISCO SYSTEMS STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE CISCO SYSTEMS STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of CISCO SYSTEMS stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy CISCO SYSTEMS stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : BOEING STOCKS