COCA-COLA (KO) Stocks
📊 Coca-Cola Company produces and markets non-alcoholic beverages and one of the best known trademarks in the world. Coca-Cola manufactures syrup concentrate and it is then sold to bottlers in various countries who holds Coca-Cola franchises. These bottlers produce the finished drink and hold exclusive territorial contracts with Coca-Cola.
📊 The finished products are then distributed to vending machines, retailers, restaurants etc. where clients can purchase and enjoy the variety of products that Coca-Cola produces. These products include a wide variety of soft drinks, bottled water, healthy non-carbonated drinks and energy drinks.
📊 Coca-Cola’s headquarters is in Atlanta, Georgia, and has more than 60 000 employees that’s spread across 200 countries. The company is part of the Russell 1000 Index which lists the highest ranking stocks in the United States’ stock market.
You might also like: CITIGROUP STOCKS
OVERVIEW OF COCA-COLA
- On the 8th of May, 1886, Coca-Cola is created by John Pemberton and is served at a pharmacy named Jacob’s. Every day, nine drinks are sold. To promote the drink in 1887, coupons and calendars are used.
- Asa Candler takes over the company in 1888 and finalize the purchase of the Coca-Cola Company in 1892. The company is incorporated that same year and by then Coca-Cola is sold all over the United States.
- In the next years the company builds factories and expand into other countries like Asia.
- By 1913 Coca-Cola’s portfolio grows and the drink is distributed via 2 300 wholesalers and more than 415 000 retailers. In 1919 plants are opened across Europe.
- In 1919 Ernest Woodruff and other investors buy the Coca-Cola Company for a price of $25 million. The company starts its initial public offering the same year and starts trading on the NYSE. The first common stocks are sold for $40.00 each.
- Through the buy of several businesses the Coca-Cola Company is built into the successful company that people across the globe know today.
VISION & VALUES OF COCA-COLA
- Coca-Cola is looking into the future and is changing with what it believes the future holds, not only for the company itself, but for the environment as well. Coca-Cola is helping communities build a sustainable life and by behaving with integrity, accountability and passion the company believes that the right market is being targeted.
- Recycling plays a big part in the future of the company. By 2025 Coca-Cola aims to achieve 100 percent recyclable packaging and by 2030 the company aim to recycle the same amount of packaging for which is sold.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF COCA-COLA
- Coca-Cola trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the NYSE stock symbol KO.
- Data analysis for Coca-Cola’s first quarter financial results for 2019 shows revenue of $8.0 billion, an increase of 5 percent. Cash from operations is $699 million and free cash flow is $335 million.
- Stock purchases is $397 million and repurchases is $243 million. Coca-Cola has been offering quarterly cash dividends to its shareholders since 1920 and increases the amount each year.
You might also like: CISCO SYSTEMS STOCKS
LATEST NEWS COCA-COLA
Buy COCA-COLA stocks / shares – 📈 A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase COCA-COLA Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy COCA-COLA Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN COCA-COLA STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE COCA-COLA STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of COCA-COLA stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy COCA-COLA stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : CHEVRON STOCKS