CONSTELLATION BRANDS (STZ) Stocks
ABOUT CONSTELLATION BRANDS
📊 Constellation Brands, Inc. Class A is an international producer of wine, beer and spirits.
📊 The company operates from The Unites States, Canada, Italy, New Zealand and Mexico. Constellation Brands is the No.1 contributor of beverage alcohol and No.3 beer company in the United States.
📊 Its portfolio includes high-end brands such as Corona, Pacifico, as well as Modelo. Premium and highly rated brands of wine and spirits are provided, including SIMI and Mount Veeder Winery brands, Cooper and Thief, The Prisoner Wine Company, Kim Crawford, Casa Noble Tequila and SVEDKA Vodka.
You might also like: COGNIZANT TECHNOLOGY SOLUTIONS STOCKS
OVERVIEW OF CONSTELLATION BRANDS
- In 1945 Marvin Sands buys Canandaigua Industries in upstate New York. The company has only eight employees and wine barrels are sold in bulk. Sales are $150 000 annually. By 1951 sales grow to $1million.
- In 1954 Canandaigua develops its own wine production facilities. By the early 1960’s the company’s sales have grown to $8 million.
- In 1973 its name changes to Canandaigua Wine Company, Inc. and it starts trading on the New York Stock Exchange. The company buys the majority of shares in the Bisceglia Brothers Winery.
- This provides the opportunity to expand business in the western United States markets. It becomes the eight-largest United States wine producer in 1980. Constellation Brands’ portfolio expands significantly and by 1990, it markets 100 wine brands in all classifications.
- In 1993 the company purchases Barton Incorporated. Imported beer and distilled spirits are now offered. In 2008 Beam Wines Estates (with several high-end brands) are purchased for a price of $885 million.
- Several more acquisitions take place during the next couple of years and high-end, iconic brands are added to the company’s portfolio.
VISION & VALUES OF CONSTELLATION BRANDS
- Constellation Brands is committed to building its brands, the environment, its investors, trade partners and clients. Its mission is to build brands that bring people together. The company has received several awards and recognitions over the years.
- It is listed on the Fortune 500, which ranks the largest United States companies by revenue.
- The Beverage Forum named the company Large Company of the Year. Constellation Brands is the only company to receive this award every year since 2016.
- The non-profit organization, Chicago Cares, recognised Constellation Brands for its employees’ volunteer efforts and its commitment towards the community. The company received the Chicago Cares Corporate Citizenship Award for this.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF CONSTELLATION BRANDS
- Constellation Brands trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the NYSE stock symbol STZ.
- Analysis data for Constellation Brand’s fiscal 2019 reports operating cash flow is $2.2 billion. Constellation Brands is committed to return $4.5 billion during the next three years to shareholders in the form of share repurchases and dividends.
- During the past three years, the company returned a total of $3.9 billion to shareholders.
You might also like: CONOCOPHILLIPS STOCKS
LATEST NEWS CONSTELLATION BRANDS
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy CONSTELLATION BRANDS Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN CONSTELLATION BRANDS STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE CONSTELLATION BRANDS STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of CONSTELLATION BRANDS stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy CONSTELLATION BRANDS stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : CME GROUP STOCKS